• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Lubes

PandaBoi

Hi, i was just wondering if you guys would comment on the quality of lubes, i currently use two types, CRC 808 Silicone Lube and wd-40 3 in 1 silicone lube. iv heard great stuff on Silicone heavy duty lube but i could not find it at my shop. CRC 808 silicone lube was 15 AUD which i think is a little expensive. If anyone has both CRC 808 and CRC Heavy duty silicone spray, please tell us the difference wather i should still try find the heavy duty or to stick with the CRC 808

amostay2004

WCA
2009SWEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have the Heavy Duty, and my friend has the 808..they both work well..although when comparing my cubes and his, I think his are quieter...so in a way 808 seems to be better..but I'm not sure...

YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't use CRC, however, I do use Jig-A-Loo. One of the best lubricants around, but be warned - you can only spray a little, and don't let it set, or else it will deteriorate your pieces. be sure to work it in as soon as you spray, with any lube, if you don't want to glue your pieces together or have them come apart form the inside out.

PandaBoi

hah yeh i asked the guy, i said do u do jigaloo? and his liek WTF im not a male prostitute, and im like ah yeh, jigaloo the lubricant, and his still like o_O and im like *** on i think its a american only thing his like yeh i guess so. as i live in Australia.

YouTube
Visit Channel
ah. lol @ the male prostitute thing.

In that case, I've talked to several other speedcubers, and have heard that CRC heavy duty silicone is the best. As long as it's 100% pure silicone(and no oil based products or petroleum distolince) it should be fine. Heavy Duty.