• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Lubes for Core and Pieces

Caesar Salas

This is just a quick and easy thread to show what lubes we use for the core and pieces. You can reply what lubes you use, and what you recommend to each turning style.

Lube I use
Core - Traxxas 50k or Wt. 5
Pieces - Wt. 3, Lubicle Silk, and DNM-37 to refresh the pieces

The Blockhead

WCA
2017ANDE05
I lube the pieces with DNM-37 and Cubicle Silicone Wt. 1 for 2x2 and 3x3, just Wt. 1 for 4x4+, and DNM-37 for everything else. This makes the pieces very fast, smooth, and stable feeling for smaller puzzles and more controlable for bigger cubes. I never lube the core because I feel it makes the cube too slow and sluggish for my turning. This combination of lube is my personal favorite and I recommend it to people with fast, aggressive turning style.

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
Core: Lubicle Standard or Speedy, sometimes a heavier silicone.
Pieces: Lubicle Silk, One, and DNM-37. I used to use Speedy, but grew a rather extreme preference for a slick feeling, so even Speedy was a bit too heavy. Using all three does sound like a bit of a "just throw everything in" approach, but each one really does do something noticeably different that piles up into something that I quite like.

VenomCubing

WCA
2017MORT01
Core: Traxxas 30K if anything.
Pieces: Traxxas 30K and DNM-37.

All this leads to a cube that is super smooth and quick, yet controllable. I strongly recommend it for a Moyu Magnetic Skewb. It gives practically everything an amazing gummy feel with a hint of crispiness. I suggest generous amounts of the traxxas 30K, and no more than 2 drops of DNM-37.