• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Looking to customize...

JaredRB9000

What's the problem?
I like my stickerless ThunderClap, but sometimes I just can't grip a side good enough to flick it or fingertrick. It also makes a slight springy sound.
What do I think is the solution?
I decided that I really wanted black textured stickers and a logo. Also lube will probably fix the slight springy noise, but I don't know which one.
So basically I need this.
I could use some help on where to get black textured stickers, a logo sticker, and good lube. And obviously the stickers need to fit the ThunderClap.
Also
How do you properly apply stickers? Is there a right way?
And also...
How do you cut them perfectly?

Last edited:

dskids

WCA
2017SKID01
- Can't grip a side good enough to flick or fingertrick
Sounds like the cube needs lube or looser tensions. A Thunderclap shouldn't be that heavy.

- Black textured stickers over stickerless cube
Seems like a normal black plastic cube with colored stickers would solve the problem and be a lot better for recognition, but its up to you. You will also need to make sure the stickers are small enough to see the colored plastic.

- How to apply stickers?
Youtube is your friend. Most people use a pointy hobby knife to lift them and position them. You can also use sticker tape to lift them all off the sheet at once.

- How to cut them perfectly?
Most people buy stickers pre-cut for their specific application. Online cube shops like Cubicle.us for example have tons of different pre cut stickers for all different models of cubes.

Good luck

JaredRB9000

The grip is probably just a me thing. I used a Rubik's for such a long time that I'm used to having my fingers just catch at the end of a tile where the border is. Should I just get black stickers and a logo? the stickers cover most of the cubies, so it should leave it with a border, right?

DTCuber

Speedcubeshop is a great online cube store! They have stickers, logos, and lube.

JaredRB9000

I really want some pre-cut carbon fiber stickers that'd fit on a thunderclap, does that exist?