• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

looking for an algorithm

Thread starter #1
hey!

i'm looking for a particular algorithm.
i can solve the rubiks cube with the fridrich method, but only until PLL. i'm too lazy to learn 21 algorithms for PLL..
so i found out another algorithm that you have to do after OLL. but i can't remember it and i didnt write it down :D
maybe you know what i mean by a description.
after doing this algorithm, the corners are on the right position and you just have to do an algorithm for swapping the 3 oder sometimes 4 middle parts of the last layer.. the advantage of this algorithm is that after doing it there can only occur a few situations, sometimes you have to swap 3 middle parts (i dont know how to call it) clockwise, or counter clockwise or you have to swap 4 middle parts.
i've seen this algorithm in a youtube video, but i cant find it anymore..
please help me :D
i can also remember the algorithm begins with B B ..

(aaand sorry i'm german, maybe there are some mistakes in my english writing.. ;))

greets

Thread starter #4
thank you for answering quickly :)

well i dont know if you got me right. this algorithm i'm talking about causes an EPLL case, where i have to do either an U or the H or Z permutation. the algorithm follows after doing OLL. but after doing a U PLL i dont get a U PLL case.. ? but getting a EPLL case is the goal of this algorithm..

Cubenovice

Forever Slow
@ Ilikelondon:

After OLL:
look for headlights, place headlights in the back and perform A-perm
no headlights? perform A-perm and you wil get headlights

Look in the wiki for your preferred A-perm alg

Thread starter #6
thank you cubenovice!! i was already doubting about my english skills because the people above didnt unterstand..:)
its not the algorithm i was looking for but it doesnt matter, the result is the same. thank you!
and by the way. a few months ago i was able to solve it in 45 seconds so i already know that M is the middle layer.. ^^ im not a beginner, i was just looking for an algorithm.. :)
and thank you all for your responses.. :)

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
rpotts1
x R2 D2 R U R' D2 R U' R x'
x R' U R' D2 R U' R' D2 R2 x'

or you could try their mirrors

x' R2 D2 R' U' R D2 R' U R' x
x' R U' R D2 R' U R D2 R2 x'

I also like R U R' F' r U R' U' r' F R2 U' R'

Last edited:
WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
thetx789
there's s R' F R' R' B2 R' F' R B2 R2 which work as a A perm (one of them) or a if you add a u' on the end it solve all the corners has long as 2 are solved and at the back if the edges are solved by diagonal from each other you put a unsolved corner in the FUR corner and perform the alg twice. I learned that alg when I first learned to solve a cube back in 2009 when I was 11.

Cubenovice

Forever Slow
x' R2 D2 R U R' D2 R U' R x
x' R' U R' D2 R U' R' D2 R2 x
Ilikelondon, you should really try this one, it has got a nice flow to it, especially when executing the x' R' as l'.
You sort of pull the U R' "over" your l' move in one fluid motion, D2, R U' R' speaks for itself... D2 R2

Check Erik Akkersdijks yt for a PLL vidoe wher ehe shows his execution with regrips for the D2 moves.
I found these regrips to work much better than using pinkies or ring fingers for D2

WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Kubbuth
i can also remember the algorithm begins with B B ..
B2 R2 B' L' B R2 B' L B'

Or if you like, B B R R B' L' B R' R' B' L B B' B' =)

It is a [wiki]commutator[/wiki], first you setup two corners in diagonal position on the R-side, then you do R2 to swap them, then you switch one for another using B' L' B followed by a second swap and last you switch back what you did in the middle (and cancle the first B2, no need to do B B2 =)

The other direction goes : B2 L2 B R B' L2 B R' B

Last edited: