• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Letter Quads discussion

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
26k.PNG

Finished the creative addition of the first set of letter quads of 26k.

So, for each letter quad, I have either a person, action, object, place, language literal, feeling or acronym. I label that along with describing each letter quad in detail.

The more clear and distinct letter quads I have, the more chance of me, able to pull off accelerated memos.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
111k.PNG

111k letter quads cases out of the possible 126.7k possible cases. The progression pace has been steady. Now my task is to fine tune the image that I have each letter quad and make it more vivid and creative.

At this pace, 112k will happen by last week of May 2021.

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
View attachment 15501

111k letter quads cases out of the possible 126.7k possible cases. The progression pace has been steady. Now my task is to fine tune the image that I have each letter quad and make it more vivid and creative.

At this pace, 112k will happen by last week of May 2021.
When you started generating 5 style algs and LQs in 2017, did you expect this many quads to be completed in 4 years?

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When you started generating 5 style algs and LQs in 2017, did you expect this many quads to be completed in 4 years?
I expected to complete it by end of 2020.
I was definitely not on pace in the year 2018 and 2019 as my Master's degree ate a lot of time.
But thankfully to the pandemic, I was able to cover more ground and I am pretty much near my prediction.

In 2017, I also expected to complete more letter quads than good UF5 algs, as making images is easier compared to mouse click spam in cube explorer.

Last edited:

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
uf52.PNG

This is the progress that I have been tracking since I started with Letter quads in November 2016.
There are about 30ish data points that I collected(non-uniformly) over the years, and I thought it will cool to interpret the plot.

There were less data points that I collected in the year 2018, and also I plateaued in2019 as I was super busy with work/study. At the end of the curve, you see an explosion and that is due to the free time that was created because of the pandemic.

(Note, this is just my progress curve with first pass over the letter quads. I am not having uniform recall of images, and the corresponding 5-cycles for each case, and to make this uniformity happen is another uphill task to do. But it is always cool to see to progress that we do in first pass.)