• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

LBL Method for the 3x3 solve in 4x4s and 5x5s?

SkateTracker

YouTube
Visit Channel
I use the LBL method for solving the 3x3 in 4x4s and 5x5s. My PB for the 4x4 is 2:47 and 5:14 for the 5x5. My question is, what's the best time possible for solving the 4x4 and 5x5 with the 3x3 LBL method in the end. Is it necessary to learn a faster 3x3 method to get good times for the 4x4 and 5x5? I don't know Fridrich yet and it's going to take a while to learn so I'm just wondering how fast is possible with 3x3 LBL. I tried searching, but I didn't find anything, I'm sorry if something similar has already been posted.

- Thanks

Oh, by the way, it takes me about a minute for 3x3 LBL on 4x4s and 5x5s.

Pedro

WCA
2007GUIM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
what's your time for 3x3x3?

I think you can do better than 1 minute in the 3x3x3 part...you gotta work on the other ones too...

1:47 for centers+edges on 4x4x4 and 4:14 for centers+edges on 5x5x5...there's lots of room for improvement :)