• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Kubaroo Open 2011 (Melbourne)

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
http://www.speedcubing.com.au/KubarooOpen2011/

Where: Currently RMIT Spiritual Centre, though likely to change to another RMIT building.
When: May 7th.
Events: 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, OH, BLD, Pyraminx = 2 rounds.
Skewb and Square-1 = 1 round.
If we have time we'll put in another 3x3 round.
Prizes:
2x2: A choice of the 2x2s I have in stock, for 1st. Certificates places 1-3
3x3: A choice of the 3x3s I have in stock, for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Certificates places 1-3
4x4: A choice of the 4x4s I have in stock, for 1st, unless they won a prize in 2x2, in which case it goes to 2nd place. Certificates places 1-3
OH: A choice of the 3x3s I have in stock, for 1st, unless they won a prize in and event other than 3x3, in which case it goes to the next person (same if the next person has won a prize, etc.) Certificates places 1-3
BLD: A choice of the 3x3s I have in stock, for 1st, unless they won a prize in and event other than 3x3, in which case it goes to the next person (same if the next person has won a prize, etc.) Certificates places 1-3
Pyraminx: A choice of the Pyraminxes I have in stock, unless they won a prize in and event other than 3x3, in which case it goes to the next person (same if the next person has won a prize, etc.) Certificates places 1-3
Square-1: A choice of the Square-1s I have in stock, for 1st, unless they won a prize in and event other than 3x3, in which case it goes to the next person (same if the next person has won a prize, etc.) Certificates places 1-3
Skewb: A choice of the Skewbs I have in stock, for 1st, unless they won a prize in and event other than 3x3, in which case it goes to the next person (same if the next person has won a prize, etc.) Certificates places 1-3
Hope to see you all there :)
My site.

Last edited:

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
I've registered. Why is square-1 in the prizes?
Because Square-1 is an event, thanks for the catch. (1 round of square-1)
This comp is taking a while to get on to the WCA website.....
Tim wants to finish off the site's capability to host multiple Australian competitions, and a few other things first. It's almost 2 months away anyway, as long as people know (the point of this thread), then that's fine for now.
Still pissed off about no 5x5. :(
Sorry, I've told you the story to this, I'll probably do this again next year, and it should have 5x5. I wanted to give prizes for all events, and I didn't want to support KOs, but I couldn't get decent shipping prices, it was ending up costing more single sale.

I'm thinking about a raffle, maybe $1 per ticket, or something on the sort, I'm thinking about $50 worth. What do you guys suggest?

TimMc

Premium Member
WCA
2009MCMA01
The 5x5 Blindfolded event will be held during lunch.

If you'd like to participate in this event and haven't registered online for the competition then please PM me.

If you'd like to participate in this event and you've already registered online for the competition then please reply to the e-mail that I sent you earlier.

Registration has closed. Please keep an eye on the schedule for future updates.

Tim.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Hey everyone.
Just posting to ask, and this question is for everyone. I have to admit, we didn't anticipate 40 people when writing the original schedule. We were expecting to have free time left over. We need help (specifically runners and judges) for this competition to run smoothly. It's fun to be part of the team, and for me at least, it helped settle nerves back at my first competition. If we only have 5 people, scrambling, running and judging, we will have to remove a round or event. It's not hard to take the cubes back and forth from the scrambling table and the stations. Learning to judge is also very simple, and you don't need to know all the regulations, a basic understanding is enough, and you can just ask for help.
Please help, it's fun, easy, and necessary for the competition to run smoothly. Hope to see you all there,
Tim.

hic0057

WCA
2010HICK01
Hey everyone.
Just posting to ask, and this question is for everyone. I have to admit, we didn't anticipate 40 people when writing the original schedule. We were expecting to have free time left over. We need help (specifically runners and judges) for this competition to run smoothly. It's fun to be part of the team, and for me at least, it helped settle nerves back at my first competition. If we only have 5 people, scrambling, running and judging, we will have to remove a round or event. It's not hard to take the cubes back and forth from the scrambling table and the stations. Learning to judge is also very simple, and you don't need to know all the regulations, a basic understanding is enough, and you can just ask for help.
Please help, it's fun, easy, and necessary for the competition to run smoothly. Hope to see you all there,
Tim.

I'll be happy to help judge/run. I'm just going to be there slightly late and leave earlier.

RCTACameron

WCA
2010STOL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone.
Tim.

I can help, and I'll probably get there fairly early and stay the whole day.