• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

KRZ Format or Speffz?

Which method

• Speffz

• KRZ Format

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

PetrusQuber

WCA
2020XIEC01
Good idea u Cube!
Be good to see how many people use KRZ Format.

Btw, I originally came up with the name KRZ in the thread: Random Sentences you came up with during BLD letter pairs. Last thing, u Cube, can you make it obvious that its a BLD thing, and maybe not use the word VS, because that sounds like a 'which is better' thread.

Last edited:

u Cube

YouTube
Visit Channel
Good idea u Cube!
Be good to see how many people use KRZ Format.

Btw, I originally came up with the name KRZ in the thread: Random Sentences you came up with during BLD letter pairs. Last thing, u Cube, can you make it obvious that its a BLD thing, and maybe not use the word VS, because that sounds like a 'which is better' thread.
Well I did post this in the blindfolded thread. Also can you tell me how to change the title idk how ://// And thanks!

PetrusQuber

WCA
2020XIEC01
So far, it looks like KRZ is actually more popular(on the poll) but I guess the people using it are more inclined to vote than Speffz people.

Update 1:Wow, they're exactly equal right now.
Update 2: KRZ has taken the lead. This poll seems to favour it for some reason.
Update 3: KRZ has one more vote than Speffz
Update 4: Both have the same.
Update 5: Speffz has 2 more users.

Last edited:

leeo

WCA
2016ODEG01
I picked up a nonstandard letter system from

stevenarducci
from his 2010 video _Howto Memorize for Blind Solving_. It splits the puzzle exactly like Speffz, except the ordering of faces is UFRBLD (Speffz is ULFRBD) and the elements of each face are assigned consecutive letters, like Speffz beginning with U or UL but spanning counter-clockwise (Speffz spans clockwise). I had to give it a name, so I picked "CounterClockwise Major".

TheLegend12

I learned blind from Jperms tutorials and he uses spefftz. So when I tried to learn M2 edges from the Speedcubereview's website it was really weird (he uses krz).

Zagros

YouTube
Visit Channel
I am pretty sure I do the faces in the KRZ order but I dont go clockwise because that is unintuitive for me, instead I just go left to right in two rows like reading a book. It has the effect that ABCD for most people is ABDC for me.