• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Kaijun Lin - 5x5BLD 3:47.50 single & 4:18.75 mean

Gomorrite

Ok, now that your other records will for sure last for a few years, can you concentrate on Multi-BLD? :D

Wait... Blindforded????

ford
fôrd/
verb
past tense: forded; past participle: forded
(of a person or vehicle) cross (a river or stream) at a shallow place.

He crossed a river blindly?! That seems dangerous.

Last edited:
WCA
2015ALEK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I hope you're kidding. Just wait till 5BLD become more competitive. People will push it even further in the future.
I am not kidding. I just did some calculations and realised that maaaybe 3 minute average is possible. But it is possible only if somebody will practice 5bld extremely hard, for the whole life and will do everything ideally in solves. So I think somebody will reach it at least in a few years, and this WR will stay for very long time, maybe longer than 41/41. But I hope that I am mistaken.

Sajwo

WCA
2012SZEW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am not kidding. I just did some calculations and realised that maaaybe 3 minute average is possible.

You should check out this thread World Record predictions in the year 2020? and Hardwick's predictions about 5BLD.

it is possible only if somebody will practice 5bld extremely hard, for the whole life and will do everything ideally in solves.

Well, I am pretty sure that anybody can reach Kaijun level in 1-2 years, no need to practice "whole" life. People have different progress rate, just look at Max. There will be for more world-class 5BLDers in the future and big competition is the factor that push people to do unimaginable. I bet there will be sub3 mean in a few years

WCA
2015ALEK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You should check out this thread World Record predictions in the year 2020? and Hardwick's predictions about 5BLD.
Yeah, he said that only sub-6 is possible. Ok... It was in 2009. Now I calculated 3 minutes using all my knowledge in 5BLD. And according to my calculations sub-3 minutes is possible only if you practice every single 3-style algorithm(over 1000 at 5x5 excluding inverses if I am not mistaken) at stackmat like people practice 21 PLL, to execute them very fast, and if you have awesome memory, better than Maskow's. Also I didn't add pauses during execution to these 3 minutes. You need A LOT of time, patience and motivation to become that good.
Well, I am pretty sure that anybody can reach Kaijun level in 1-2 years, no need to practice "whole" life. People have different progress rate, just look at Max. There will be for more world-class 5BLDers in the future and big competition is the factor that push people to do unimaginable.
I don't think there will be more people practicing 5bld hard in future, because this event is not as popular as non-bld events.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I don't think there will be more people practicing 5bld hard in future, because this event is not as popular as non-bld events.

Just because it's not as popular now in no way means that it won't be popular in the future. If there is a larger mature contingent in the cubing community, whether because current cubers mature or because the cubing community significantly increases in size, there will likely be more interest in blind events.

As far as possible improvement, I can barely do 3BLD, so I'm not really qualified, but would it be worthwhile to develop a dedicated 5BLD cube? I'm thinking of relatively thicker inner layers to facilitate slice turns, and possibly some ridges on the corners to make up for the thin outer layers.

Ronxu

WCA
2010RONK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, he said that only sub-6 is possible. Ok... It was in 2009. Now I calculated 3 minutes using all my knowledge in 5BLD. And according to my calculations sub-3 minutes is possible only if blah blah blah
Yeah, he said that only sub-3 is possible is possible. Ok... It was in 2017. Now I calculated 1.5 minutes using all my knowledge in 5BLD.
-Some guy in 2025