• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Just Introducing Myself

BlueDevil

WCA
2011LOWR01
Hello!

I've been cubing for about a month now. My friend got me into cubing and also recommended the forum to me.

At the moment, I can solve the 3x3x3 in around 50 seconds, and I can solve the 2x2 in around 10 seconds. I'm working on improving (and learning my full PLLs and OLLs), and I hope to learn the 4x4 within the next couple of months.

I'm loving cubing, and I'll take any suggestions on methods i should learn, or specific cubes or puzzles I should try.

ianography

WCA
2009BOUR01
Welcome! I suggest you learn Petrus, CFOP (Fridrich, same thing), and Roux. Those are known as some of the "big" methods.

Hope you enjoy your time here! Is there a certain puzzle you like better than others? Because your 2x2 times are exponentially good compared to your 3x3 times.

BlueDevil

WCA
2011LOWR01
Well I started with the 2x2. I'm slower on the 3x3 because of the extra time I spend thinking in F2L. I've got Ortega down for the 2x2, so I'm only working on improving my recognition and finger trick speeds, whereas I have other factors affecting my 3x3 solves.

For puzzles, I'm open to try anything, I just want to take only one or two at a time. Ones I'm thinking about for my next to learn are: 4x4, 5x5, pyraminx

Last edited:
WCA
2011HAUP01
YouTube
Phlippieskezer
I suggest you learn Petrus, CFOP (Fridrich, same thing), and Roux. Those are known as some of the "big" methods.
Don't forgot ZZ. It's also a pretty sick method (and really helped me get the grasp of Roux, ironically). Possibly also Waterman, but I'd suggest first bothering with the other four.

Welcome, BlueDevil! Hope you have a blast in cubing.