• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Just found a Weilong WRM in the basement

SnowyDay

Just opened up a Weilong WRM that was sitting in the basement for a year.

The WRM fits my turning style perfectly (soft with minimal effort & minimal movement of fingers). For reference, I am an early intermediate "speedsolver".

The WRM, at 55.0mm, is 0.5mm smaller than my (former) main, GTS2M; as @Zubin Park noted, that 0.5mm makes a big difference. I really like the WRM's smaller size.

I love the concept of the dual adjustment system (setting core length and spring tension independently). I found it great in the real-world.

The WRM's magnets are significantly weaker than those of the GTS2M. I didn't think I would like the weak magnets, which are nearly imperceptible, and a popular complaint. But, indeed, I do like them.

The sticker colours are not great. The orange and red are too similar IMHO.

I really like how this solves out of the box (well after setting spring tension to 3 of 9). I haven't done any other setup work but will take it apart for cleaning and lubrication.

Any lubrication recommendations to keep the scratchy feel? We have some Lubicle Black, Silk and Angstrom Compund V, and could pick up some scratchy fluid if needed.

Nir1213

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FveF-we6lcE
Just opened up a Weilong WRM that was sitting in the basement for a year.

The WRM fits my turning style perfectly (soft with minimal effort & minimal movement of fingers). For reference, I am an early intermediate "speedsolver".

The WRM, at 55.0mm, is 0.5mm smaller than my (former) main, GTS2M; as @Zubin Park noted, that 0.5mm makes a big difference. I really like the WRM's smaller size.

I love the concept of the dual adjustment system (setting core length and spring tension independently). I found it great in the real-world.

The WRM's magnets are significantly weaker than those of the GTS2M. I didn't think I would like the weak magnets, which are nearly imperceptible, and a popular complaint. But, indeed, I do like them.

The sticker colours are not great. The orange and red are too similar IMHO.

I really like how this solves out of the box (well after setting spring tension to 3 of 9). I haven't done any other setup work but will take it apart for cleaning and lubrication.

Any lubrication recommendations to keep the scratchy feel? We have some Lubicle Black, Silk and Angstrom Compund V, and could pick up some scratchy fluid if needed.
stickers arent good? You can replace them if you have any leftover stickers.