• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

jperm website

3141 Rubik's Cube Ave., Somewhere on E_rth
WCA
2019BRUC01
YouTube
WhoCube
Lots of the stuff on there is really useful, but some of the algorithms aren't the best. AlgDB is better for CLL and such imo
I would agree. Some of the Ortega algs used B moves, and the T and Y perms weren't that good. The good thing is that you can just insert your own algs instead, or just copy-and-paste them from AlgDB.

WCA
2019TOSH02
I would agree. Some of the Ortega algs used B moves, and the T and Y perms weren't that good. The good thing is that you can just insert your own algs instead, or just copy-and-paste them from AlgDB.
Personally, as someone who has used Ortega for a while, I find that the PBLL for the double bar case with B moves is probably better than any of the alternatives, if you fingertrick them properly.

WCA
2019BRUC01
YouTube
WhoCube
Personally, as someone who has used Ortega for a while, I find that the PBLL for the double bar case with B moves is probably better than any of the alternatives, if you fingertrick them properly.
I politely disagree. Although proper finger tricking may help, I personally found that the alg did not help me.

WCA
2019BRUC01
YouTube
WhoCube
I use the B alg, what's the alternative one?
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but here are all the alternative PBL algs I use:
T Perm: (R' F R F') (R U2 R') U (R U2 R')- 11 moves
Y Perm: (R U' R' U') (F2 U') (R U R' U F2)- 11 moves
Y on both layers: R2 F2 R2- 3 moves
T on both layers: R2 U' (F2 U2 R2) U' F2-7 moves, but it rotates the cube by a y' in the process. (I think this is the one you meant)
T on top w / Y on the bottom: R U' R (F2) R' U R'- 7 moves

I got the T and Y from the speed solving.com forums, and the T on both layers I converted to 3-gen. I'm not sure if there's a program that can do that, but I did it in my head for the conversion.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but here are all the alternative PBL algs I use:
T Perm: (R' F R F') (R U2 R') U (R U2 R')- 11 moves
Y Perm: (R U' R' U') (F2 U') (R U R' U F2)- 11 moves
Y on both layers: R2 F2 R2- 3 moves
T on both layers: R2 U' (F2 U2 R2) U' F2-7 moves, but it rotates the cube by a y' in the process. (I think this is the one you meant)
T on top w / Y on the bottom: R U' R (F2) R' U R'- 7 moves

I got the T and Y from the speed solving.com forums, and the T on both layers I converted to 3-gen. I'm not sure if there's a program that can do that, but I did it in my head for the conversion.
Yes I wanted the t on both layers. I don't know what three gen is but it seems interesting

Want to hide this ad and support the community?