• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Journey to blindfolded solves - Progressions thread

patricKING

I am going to learn blindfolded since I think it's really cool. I already know a little bit Old Pochmann from before today (that's when I started learning it) and I have managed to solve all the edges blindfolded but with an extremely long inspection though xD. But this is the progression thread for me.

patricKING

So I tried a few solves with only edges, and memorised the letters as well. I find it hard to memorise all the letters, and also which edges I have already been on. Any tips for this? I think the corners will go much easier.

DNF_Cuber

I am going to learn blindfolded since I think it's really cool. I already know a little bit Old Pochmann from before today (that's when I started learning it) and I have managed to solve all the edges blindfolded but with an extremely long inspection though xD. But this is the progression thread for me.
it's a hard event. Stay dedicated, I gave up a while ago(I did have successes but 3 out of 45 attempts succeeded.

So I tried a few solves with only edges, and memorised the letters as well. I find it hard to memorise all the letters, and also which edges I have already been on. Any tips for this? I think the corners will go much easier.

Try using a memory palace to memorize, the space location on your memo are gonna help you.

*edit and use images if you don't yet.

patricKING

What is the inspection time on competitions? It feels like I need 5 to 10 minutes to remember everything.

Skewbed

WCA
2015LYON01
What? How does that work?
The cube starts covered, and you take the cover off after starting the timer. Then, you start memorizing it. When you are done memorizing it, you put on your blindfold and solve it. When you think you solved it, you stop the timer. Then, you take off your blindfold.

patricKING

The cube starts covered, and you take the cover off after starting the timer. Then, you start memorizing it. When you are done memorizing it, you put on your blindfold and solve it. When you think you solved it, you stop the timer. Then, you take off your blindfold.
Oh, but how does the memorization count towards your final time? So you could basically sit there for a really long time?

patricKING

You can't see the cube until you start the timer and take off the cube cover.
Here is a link to the video of the world record, if you want to see how it works in competitions:
Oh wow, xD. Then my times would be like ten minutes if I even make it. But I now understand your point. Thanks for explaining.