• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Jam88's Quest to be the next Feliks Zemdegs - Week 1 | Restarting, 4x4 PB

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
OK. I am focusing on 4x4 and will buy other big cubes soon. Because the Worlds have been postponed, I have a chance to be really good at big cubes by then, and want to do that. I want to be top 10 in 4,5,6, and 7 in worlds, and podium in at least one. To this end, I am working on 4x4 CN, which many people don't see the point in, but I do.

FishyIshy

YouTube
Visit Channel
OK. I am focusing on 4x4 and will buy other big cubes soon. Because the Worlds have been postponed, I have a chance to be really good at big cubes by then, and want to do that. I want to be top 10 in 4,5,6, and 7 in worlds, and podium in at least one. To this end, I am working on 4x4 CN, which many people don't see the point in, but I do.
Poggers: I became CN on 4x4 and dropped my times by about 40 seconds. I average about 1:15 right now. I don't have a 5x5, but when I get one, I'm hoping that it will help me improve in 4x4. Keep up the good work.

Milominx

What do you average on 4x4?
Edit: Never mind i checked OP.

joshsailscga

WCA
2014MORR01
Because the Worlds have been postponed, I have a chance to be really good at big cubes by then, and want to do that. I want to be top 10 in 4,5,6, and 7 in worlds, and podium in at least one.
I avg 55 now

To make sure you're realistic about that...if you currently average 55 in 5x5, I'd say you have an outside shot at being top-10 at worlds. But you said that's your time in 4x4. Not to crush any dreams but just understand how long it will take to drop times that substantially.

DNF_Cuber

Sooo...
You haven't touched a 5,6, or 7 and you want to be top 10 at worlds in a year? I think you would need 2+ years of experience at a minimum even at a worlds with less attendance cause COVID.

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
To make sure you're realistic about that...if you currently average 55 in 5x5, I'd say you have an outside shot at being top-10 at worlds. But you said that's your time in 4x4. Not to crush any dreams but just understand how long it will take to drop times that substantially.
Sooo...
You haven't touched a 5,6, or 7 and you want to be top 10 at worlds in a year? I think you would need 2+ years of experience at a minimum even at a worlds with less attendance cause COVID.
BELIEVE young Padawan
Yes, I know it's a long shot...

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
Just ordered a cloncccc, a skoob, a Yuxin Mat and some Lunar from KewbzUK.
Qiyi Cloncccc
X-Man wingy skoob m concave
Yuxin Mat green
@Mo_A2244 @Zain_A24 guess what discount code I used...?

obviously CRITIC5
I didnt get a notification for this mention.
Huge thanks for the support. Hope you will like your new stuff.

FishyIshy

YouTube
Visit Channel

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
Why don't you just focus on normal 3x3 solves instead of mehta? Mehta probably isn't going to get anyone a WR anyway, so why not try to work your way up to that level?
I'm switching to Mehta. I understand it might not get a WR, but Zeke on Discord got a 5 second solve and the method has only been around for ca 6 months. compare that to CFOP

FishyIshy

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm switching to Mehta. I understand it might not get a WR, but Zeke on Discord got a 5 second solve and the method has only been around for ca 6 months. compare that to CFOP
Interesting. I personally feel like it isn't worth it. However, I believe you can go as far as you believe you can. I'm gonna stick with CFOP though