• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I've created a timer

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
but with my timer, u can press any button!!!! amazing???

Not particularly. CCT and qqtimer both implemented that feature long before you did.

Aside from looking way too much like CubeTimer (did you actually create a new timer or did you just tweak CubeTimer?), one major problem with your timer. Clock needs to start when key is released, not pressed. Some people hold the spacebar until they are ready to start; on your timer this results in the timer recording 20 instances of 0.00 or 0.02 times.

Ashmnafa

WCA
2009KATZ02
I feel like I have seen a thread exactly like this before, I'll try to find it.

EDIT: Yes I have, in the Shoutbox WEB posted Merry Christmas, therefore showing that he saw this timer near Christmas time.

EDIT: Found it.

Last edited:

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
Would have been nice to see an acknowledgment to CubeTimer.com if indeed you got permission from them to reuse their code.

Also, 1996 called and wants its marquee back.

stinkocheeze

please change it so that timer stops WHEN you press the key, not when you RELEASE the key. thanks