• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Is YuXin destroying MoYu?

jackrosie03

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a MoYu Aosu, Hualong, Lingpo, Pyraminx, and much more. I am a big fan of MoYu. However, it seems like this new company YuXin is making cheaper cubes that are said to be just as good. Do you guys believe that YuXin is destroying MoYu just like MoYu did to Dayan a few years back?

Praetorian

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a MoYu Aosu, Hualong, Lingpo, Pyraminx, and much more. I am a big fan of MoYu. However, it seems like this new company YuXin is making cheaper cubes that are said to be just as good. Do you guys believe that YuXin is destroying MoYu just like MoYu did to Dayan a few years back?

competitive, not destroying, but in my opinion I totally prefer yuxin's normal 3x3/4x4 compared to say an aolong and an aosu, not only because price is better but because I just prefer them. also definitely yuxin 5x5 over any other 5x5. aaand for big cubes, I'd say moyu still has the spot with their aoshi and cubic aofu, unless yuxin attempts to make a better one (which I wouldn't mind at all)

it's just that there's more variety which is always nice you're not stuck with one company

AustinReed

WCA
2011REED01
YouTube
Visit Channel
competitive, not destroying, but in my opinion I totally prefer yuxin's normal 3x3/4x4 compared to say an aolong and an aosu, not only because price is better but because I just prefer them. also definitely yuxin 5x5 over any other 5x5. aaand for big cubes, I'd say moyu still has the spot with their aoshi and cubic aofu, unless yuxin attempts to make a better one (which I wouldn't mind at all)

it's just that there's more variety which is always nice you're not stuck with one company

Exactly. Plus I see Yuxin is making a point of making stuff cheaper as well, which I think is awesome. If Yuxin shuts down Moyu, well, tough luck.

MoyuFTW

WCA
2015LEEA05
I wouldn't say 'destroying'. They're good at different things. Yuxin is good at coming up with cheaper cubes, but Yuxin cubes seem to take longer to develop. Moyu 3x3s are personally better than Yuxin's. Qiyi is also putting up a fight, there Square 1 is apparently good. I think that each company is good in its own rights but Moyu is starting to lose a little of its grip in the market

1w3playZ

WCA
2014MARS05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I hadn't read any of the other posts yet... But I think YuXin could (and maybe QiYi) could take over MoYu if MoYu started making bad cubes, or just stopped. I don't like the QiYi 4x4 and the their 3x3s are ok. However, QiYi have just put out a stickerless skewb and a SPEED sq 1, which look good.
YuXin has a good 1st 3x3 and a meh 2nd one (I haven't tried it but will this weekend). The 4x4 is good (I like the size of the mini aosu better IMO, but it's my backup). The 5x5 I'd godlike out of the box, and has been my main since. Also comes with a cube case. And the 11x11, which we all know about.

Maybe if YuXin makes a killer 6x6 (like the 5x5) and a good 7x7 (again, like the 5x5) they could take MoYus sales. We'll see.

D

Deleted member 19792

I can see Yuxin taking MoYu down in the near future, but it really does depend as to whether or not Yuxin makes a 6x6 or not. The 6x6 will probably determine it. And if it is under 25 dollars, that would be amazing.

Isaac Lai

WCA
2015LAII01
As long as Moyu continues producing good 3x3s, I don't think they will become entirely obsolete, because there will be people using them. Even if their other puzzles suck, enough people will continue using their 3x3s for them to stay in business. Yuxin will likely stay relevant if they continue producing killer big cubes, but as long as Moyu makes 3x3s that people will use, they will not be fully "destroyed". After all, 3x3s are probably what matters most to a cube company's revenue.

Gingeas

YouTube
Visit Channel
MoYu still has a good grip on the market despite having competition (competition is not a bad thing) - worst comes to worst, they will become DaYan where they aren't the mainstream choice anymore, but are still extremely well-known. Plus, no company has made a mass-produced 13x13. ;)