• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Is there anyone above the age of 12 that does tutorials?

IV

I've been all over youtube looking for someone who acts or sounds like they have a clue as to what they're doing. I'd like to trust some of the videos but for the most part, I'd really like to find someone with some experience.

I've been doing some sanding on my Storebought cube and some lubing and it isn't doing much good, I'm now at the point to where I'm rounding the inside edges to make it resemble the curved edges of a Haiyan Memory cube as that might help it stop locking up.... even though it's still slow as sin because it's grippy and stiff.

Currently using CRC Silicone lube and a metal file, I also have 320-grit sandpaper at my disposal.

IV

>Implying that 12 year olds can't be experienced cubers
>Implying I needed a 4chan-esque implication technique that neither solves nor answers my question.

Pestvic's video is broken, I've pm'ed him over it at Youtube and I don't think he's gotten to it yet. I'd be using it before anything if it worked.

Innocence

I've been all over youtube looking for someone who acts or sounds like they have a clue as to what they're doing. I'd like to trust some of the videos but for the most part, I'd really like to find someone with some experience.

I've been doing some sanding on my Storebought cube and some lubing and it isn't doing much good, I'm now at the point to where I'm rounding the inside edges to make it resemble the curved edges of a Haiyan Memory cube as that might help it stop locking up.... even though it's still slow as sin because it's grippy and stiff.

Currently using CRC Silicone lube and a metal file, I also have 320-grit sandpaper at my disposal.

High voice =/= bad tutorial. A 9 year old could have more cubing experience than a 20 year old. The problem is, 90% of people who make tutorials have no plan, and no %$&ing clue what they're doing, regardless of their age or what they sound like.

I don't really get the second and third paragraphs of your post. They don't seem relevant to what you're talking about.

By the way, not everyone's voice magically breaks at 12. You can find "high voice" people up to the age of 16. A perfect example, Justin Bieber.

Triple ninja'd but I think my post actually helps.

IV

High voice =/= bad tutorial. A 9 year old could have more cubing experience than a 20 year old. The problem is, 90% of people who make tutorials have no plan, and no %$&ing clue what they're doing, regardless of their age or what they sound like.

I don't really get the second and third paragraphs of your post. They don't seem relevant to what you're talking about.

By the way, not everyone's voice magically breaks at 12. You can find "high voice" people up to the age of 16. A perfect example, Justin Bieber.

Triple ninja'd but I think my post actually helps.
The second and third paragraphs of my post explain why I'm looking for a tutorial...

...and from personal experience, kids can be extremely vague on giving directions and being clear on how to do what it is they're instructing.

splinteh

YouTube
Visit Channel
There are actually tons of people who are "older than 12". You just have to look a bit. I know it seems as though only 10 year old dudes review cubes but ya just gotta look a bit.

Off Topic: BTW, Justin Bieber's girly voice is gonna cost him later in his life...

The Puzzler

WCA
2010BROP01
YouTube
Visit Channel

My question is are you older than 12?

S

Systemdertoten

:fp
mai hed freakin' hurtz!
and reading such contempt for people under 12 is just making it worse...

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Obviously not =/.

Hey Edward, I just clicked all your sig links and you can BEAT BOX! Yay!!! Excellent!

ThatGuy

WCA
2010GUSH01
>Implying that implying isn't needed when its green because that's the color of implying

You can also check out waffle's for roux

Edward

WCA
2011KING01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Obviously not =/.

Hey Edward, I just clicked all your sig links and you can BEAT BOX! Yay!!! Excellent!

What does this mean? Do you beatbox?

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Obviously not =/.

What does this mean? Do you beatbox?

Well...I was a huge fan of the Fat Boys back in the 80's. I appreciate the art, definitely. If we ever meet up in a comp, I promise to put something out there for ya.