• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

is there a program to solve the seven cube

orewove

hi!

my neighbour is a huge cube addict. she's also on this website (that's how i found this site, i saw a window in the taskbar) i don't understand anything of the cube but i borrowed her cube once and 'solved' it using an online tool (http://wrongway.org/cube/solve.html). she was well impressed, which was the goal of this all. (i kinda like her :D )

she asked me if i could solve all cubes up to the seven. of course i said yes :fp but that wasn't so smart. i wanted to impress her again and i thought there'd be a tool for that too, but i can't seem to find an online tool or program to solve the seven cube that tells how to turn the sides to solve it.

i don't wanna show up with an unsolved cube though, that'd be really embarassing seeing as i said i can solve it. anyone who can help me out here?

ty!!

luke1984

YouTube
Visit Channel
Maybe you shouldn't have lied to her about it. But since you already have, you can either tell her you lied, or actually learn how to solve all those cubes. There are loads of tutorials on youtube. Just look for "7x7x7 tutorial".

orewove

i did look it up but i dont understand it. :( i understand that i have to begin from the middle of the cube and then the outer cubes. i got a number of black cubes in the middle but when i try to add more, the middle which is already somewhat solved is being messed up again. as for the thread, she still doesn't know for sure it's me, there could be so many other neighbours around the world, lending out cubes. :D

Olji

Premium Member
WCA
2010JONS01
but you would be a suspect :O

OnT: well, like everyone say, look up a tutorial on youtube, preferably start with 4x4 or 5x5 so you got some easier center-building to start with, then move on to 7x7, the difference between 5x5 and 7x7 is the last 2 centers IMO, the rest is just a time consuming 5x5 >.<

Anonymous

Yes, I would also suggest starting with a 3 x 3. Then learn to solve a 4 x 4. After you've learned to solve a 4 x 4, go right to 7 x 7. You'll be all set.

Also:
So what if she sees this thread...?

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Dude. Unless you learn how to solve it you're pretty much screwed and you'll look like a total idiot. Learn to solve a 3x3 from user badmephisto's youtube channel, then look up the user RobH on youtube. He has a decent beginner's 5x5 tutorial. Once you know how to do a 5x5 a 7x7 is just as easy, but more time consuming.

Or you could just be honest and tell her that you said you can do it because you like her, but that's definitely risky.

Also protip: Don't lie next time, although I do find this hilarious.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I laughed quite hard when I read what happened. I love it when people do this, but it's always better when they get found out. Such as, if said girl would have pressured you into solving it in front of her :)

No worries though, it's people like you who make us look better when we can actually solve it :D:D

OMGitsSolved

WCA
2011LONG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Best thread ever. Moar please.
It's funny because cubes are such a lady magnet...
I've only gotten one girlfriend from this because she thought it was cute but she moved to Hawaii and we have a long distance relationship. Shame she was pretty hot too.

Last edited:

Anonymous

Yeah, I recommend this solution. Carefully take the puzzle apart (do NOT take the stickers off!) and then put it back together solved. It'll probably take you about an hour for the 7x7, but you can do it without a computer program.

Except if she's really a cuber, then she's probably been deprived of opportunity to talk to real people about cubes, which will mean that she'll want to talk to the OP about solving and stuff. This is the easiest short-term solution, but not only puts him in an awkward situation if she asks him anything about it, but also shuts him off from a perfectly good topic of discussion with her.

yamahammer08

YouTube
Visit Channel
The best solution is to confess that you lied to her now, because she'll eventually find out you did anyway. It's not good to start out on a lie, especially if this is the thing that "impresses" her enough to like you. Because then everything you have will be a lie, and when she does find out she'll be much more likely to be mad at you. Then after you tell her your mistake, you have her teach you how to solve all the cubes so you two spend some quality time together :D Then she'll like you because you have a fun hobby to share.

celli

YouTube
Visit Channel
funny story !!!

But, really, if you like her: TELL HER THE TRUTH. She eventually wants you to solve it in front of her and unless you know how to solve it, you will look like a fool.

wontolla

WCA
2011GRAJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yo have only two choices: Tell her the truth, or learn to solve it. Any half solution (like a solving software) will make you look foolish in the future.

anyway, it could be a win-win situation: Telling her the truth could show maturity. Learning to solve the thing will show you quite interested on her. With a bit of luck she likes any of those.