• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Is the Fridrich method really the fastest way to solve a 3x3 cube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorghi

I'm wondering about making my own method. Though I do think that F2L was a very good idea, I think there are much more efficient ways to solve the cube.

luke1984

YouTube
Visit Channel
Of course there are always faster methods. You could solve the cross normally, use algorithms that solve multiple/all F2L pairs at once, and solve the last layer with one algorithm. It just wouldn't be very practical, you'll have to learn thousands of algorithms. I think the Fridrich method is the perfect balance between speed and practicality, possibly combined with useful aspects from other methods.

But who knows, someone might come up with a method that is faster and more practical than anything we have now.

Jorghi

HMMM. I think Solving 2 F2L pairs at once would be very useful lol. I could make my own algorithms.

Jungleterrain

I'm wondering about making my own method

Good luck with that XD A good speedsolving method takes quite some time to develop. Doesn't ZZ method still have a "missing link" which would make it even faster? I don't really know much about this since I don't use ZZ.

And of course there are more efficient ways to solve the 3x3, but are they practical to learn given our busy life styles?

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
no. lbl is clearly faster because the fastest times with fridrich are sub 8 averages, but with lbl, even beginners can average sub 3 within a few days of learning to solve. since 8 > 3, lbl is better.

kpcube

HMMM. I think Solving 2 F2L pairs at once would be very useful lol. I could make my own algorithms.

It''s known as multislotting

id say that belt is probly the fastest maybe? I wonder if computers could do optimal solves with the least practical methods and see which is best.... But I guess nothing really beats an optimal solution for any given scramble.

Status
Not open for further replies.