• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Is popbuying.com a trustable store? Are they trying to scam me?

Akuma

WCA
2010COST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I ordered 2 cubs from popbuying.com 11 days ago.
When I checked the order status it says:

1/31/2010 B2010131036194B Instant Order Receivedundefined
2/1/2010 B2010131036194B Collecting Products Nowundefined

Have they been "Collecting" my products for over a week?
I get really suspicious when there's no order update for over a week and what really makes me paranoid is the fact that the products I ordered were (accordingly to the homepage) in stock.

Has anyone here had experience with popbuying.com? Does it take them 2 weeks to "Collect" the products? Should I cancel the order all together or should I give them another week and see if something happends?

Toad

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do your research before creating a thread please.

Lots of people have had a lot of experience with popbuying and yes, they sometimes take a while to get things done, but they do get it done within perfectly reasonable time.

What you have to realise is that you're not paying anything for this shipping so you cannot expect it to be instant.

As far as I'm concerned, they are a very reputable source and I always go to them first for puzzles.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I ordered 2 cubs from popbuying.com
There's your problem. Their cubes might be in stock, but when you order cubs they have to go into the forest and take them. It's a dangerous and time-consuming process because if they alert the mother they will probably end up hurt. So, just give them time, and sooner or later the cubs you have ordered will safely arrive.

D

Deleted member 2864

1)they sometimes take a while to get things done,
2)but they do get it done within perfectly reasonable time.

You have two statements contradicting each other in the same sentence :fp

So... they take a while, but two weeks to collect things is within a perfectly reasonable time?

miniGOINGS

There's your problem. Their cubes might be in stock, but when you order cubs they have to go into the forest and take them. It's a dangerous and time-consuming process because if they alert the mother they will probably end up hurt. So, just give them time, and sooner or later the cubs you have ordered will safely arrive.

I was waiting for this. Well done.

Toad

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT06
YouTube
Visit Channel

So... they take a while, but two weeks to collect things is within a perfectly reasonable time?

Yes, I think it's perfectly reasonable for a free shipping service.

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19

lol, rofl, lmao:D:p;)

On topic: just think of a way to do FREE shipping. No way? Yes, but to most sellers, no. So please just wait with your patience

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2864

Your idea of good service must be very lenient.

Toad

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT06
YouTube
Visit Channel

Your idea of business can't be that great. If you're not getting paid extra to do something, it's not the top of your priority list. That's how life works.

LewisJ

Chances are one of the things you ordered was actually out of stock - that happened to me on my last order as well and it took around 2-3 weeks for it to ship. But after that the shipping didn't take as long as usual. Don't worry, popbuying is pretty reliable on getting you your order, it just takes a while sometimes.

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
When my order went out of stock, and I waited for a month, I checked my email one day to find that I got a refund of my money.

So yeah, they're legitimate.

To add: I've ordered 4 times.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2864

Your idea of business can't be that great. If you're not getting paid extra to do something, it's not the top of your priority list. That's how life works.
A business is supposed to be dependable though. Even if shipping is free, I wouldn't think 2 weeks to gather things is reasonable at all. You're still giving them money and you're the customer. A customer is always supposed to be treated well. If they take 2 weeks to collect things and don't mark out of stock items (free shipping or not, top of the priority list or not) then I wouldn't call a business dependable at all.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel

A business is supposed to be dependable though. Even if shipping is free, I wouldn't think 2 weeks to gather things is reasonable at all. You're still giving them money and you're the customer. A customer is always supposed to be treated well. If they take 2 weeks to collect things and don't mark out of stock items (free shipping or not, top of the priority list or not) then I wouldn't call a business dependable at all.

This issue can easily be fixed by adding a disclaimer at the time of purchase. I'd say 2 weeks for free shipping is decent. I paid $9.xx USD for shipping here from 9spuzzles (I live in Indiana). It took a bit less than two full weeks (by two days or something) to get here.

So yes, two weeks for free shipping is easily "ok" in my opinion, especially when you consider the fact I paid almost $10 for two week shipping.

D

Deleted member 2864

This issue can easily be fixed by adding a disclaimer at the time of purchase. I'd say 2 weeks for free shipping is decent. I paid $9.xx USD for shipping here from 9spuzzles (I live in Indiana). It took a bit less than two full weeks (by two days or something) to get here.

So yes, two weeks for free shipping is easily "ok" in my opinion, especially when you consider the fact I paid almost $10 for two week shipping.

Do you mean 2 weeks to collect or to ship?

I meant to simply collect the items (which the TC is having problems with).

2-2.5 (maybe even 3) weeks to make it ALL the way to america seems within decency to me. But just to collect? no.

Last edited by a moderator:

JL58

I ordered 2 F2 cubes a month+ ago. I just received them yesterday. So my conclusion is that they are (he is) incredibly slow, but the job is done.

Sherwood

I ordered 5 cubes last Tuesday. They finished collecting and shipped on Monday. Rather fast in my opinion?