• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
Don’t know, this was not the case a couple weeks ago when I last cleaned it.
Screws getting bent by tightening the cube?

Screws are of good quality nowadays yo.
Edit: I got this cube in November, do you think tc will still send me a new screw?

i will try and straighten it...
Later I will also go to Lowe’s and check if they have something similar
I don’t know how this could happen in the first place...

Edit number 2:
I managed to straighten it with a clamp and it works now. Still don't know how it happened tho.

Last edited:

Jacob Watters

Is my 3x3 Broken?
20210222_200845_Easy-Resize.com.jpg20210222_200845_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
I was taking the edge piece out of my GAN 356 Magnetic 3x3 and the puzzle was too tight and now a part of the piece is bent. I put the piece back in the puzzle and it turns like normal except for the side the bend is on because that side is very clunky and isn't smooth and I'm worried it will break while inside the puzzle. Should I just leave it as is or is there a way to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Jacob Watters

Thank you, I did attempt this as soon as I established what had happened but the bend wouldn't budge and seemed to applying more pressure to other parts of the piece, so this was causing more harm than good.

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Which is this cube? Don't use it, it will harm the other pieces and yea i think you got it. If you live in the USA you can order a spare part.
You can order a part from all over the world, and if I told you to stop using your main 3x3, I think you could see the problem here. Also, it won’t harm the rest of the pieces, just make the current one worse.

zézus

So I've owned an AoLong V2 for about 7 months now, and I've never gotten it to be able to corner cut more than about 30 degrees. If I apply enough force, I can get it to do it, but I probably can't apply that same force while I'm turning. I've seen a lot of reviews saying that it can corner cut more than 45 degrees. I remember reading somewhere about there being two batches of AoLongs, and I really can't tell the difference between them. I bought them from a Swedish website because I live in Norway. I'm not sure if they have both or only the bad batch, but I did buy them in 2020. For clarification, as far as I can tell when I pull down, the corner in the back catches on the center.

Spifflet

WCA
2015RADA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
You can check the centers, if there are little posts in the cap that slide in to little holes in the center it's a new batch. How are your tensions? If they're too loose then it could be catching because of that. Try playing around with the tensions and re-lube it if you can.

Even if it were an old batch the corner cutting shouldn't be that bad

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I've owned an AoLong V2 for about 7 months now, and I've never gotten it to be able to corner cut more than about 30 degrees. If I apply enough force, I can get it to do it, but I probably can't apply that same force while I'm turning. I've seen a lot of reviews saying that it can corner cut more than 45 degrees. I remember reading somewhere about there being two batches of AoLongs, and I really can't tell the difference between them. I bought them from a Swedish website because I live in Norway. I'm not sure if they have both or only the bad batch, but I did buy them in 2020. For clarification, as far as I can tell when I pull down, the corner in the back catches on the center.
Its better to not struggle with old hardware and just buy the new cubes like YJ MGC 3x3 and Moyu RS3M cube.

BluezCoolz

Ok so on my 3x3, sometimes two layers catch onto sometimes and its super annoying. Theres also a corner twisting issue but im not too aware of that. Idk if it could be my turning style or the cube. Any cubes out there that doesn’t have this problem?

BluezCoolz

Funny enough my main is the rs3m lol, i put some lubicle black dnm 37 silk mystic. It turns very smoothly but the layers keep sticking with the others. Also, i added extra magnets in the edges since the magnet strength was too weak.