• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Intuitive Domino Redux

Lpell

I'm not sure if this was proposed or not, but i don't like the usual way of reducing into DR by simply orienting the edges and then the corners. My ideas is to orient the edges and corners simultaneously.

How: just like the edges you can orient the corners by doing F/F'/B/B'.
The goal is to have 4/8 unoriented or all oriented corners, to then solve them. At the same time before you do an F/F'/B/B' you permute the edges (by doing setups or using commutators) to F/B. Then, when everything is oriented, put 2 edges opposite to L/R (one on D and one on U), do L/ R (if edges on L do R, if on R do L), S2 , undo setup.

Tips:
  • If you've oriented the corners and still need to orient the edges, every time you do an F/B, complete with U' D R if on F, U D' R' if in B.
  • If you've oriented the edges and need to orient the corners, move the corners to L/R, and complete just like on F/B, but with L/R moves
  • If corners are facing up/down or left/right, they will get unoriented/oriented, but those facing you won't get oriented
  • When you need to make the belt, if you have only one or three in place replace them with 2 equator edges if one, and replace the last edge with any other 2 edges if 3 in place
Hope you enjoy!
Also, can someone make an example solving for me? I'm not good at those ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lpell

Less efficient as far as I can tell(I'm no good at FMC though). Also the "Intuitive" part of the title is pointless because DR is intuitive
Ok, but i always have seen people solving corners using algs.
Also i thought that it could be done in speed.