• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Interest in a BH method website?

Would you be interested in a website about the BH (Beyer-Hardwick) blindfold method?

• Yes, I am interested in a website

Votes: 151 88.8%
  • No, I am not interested in the BH method

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other / Indifferent

Votes: 13 7.6%

• Total voters

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
Daniel and I have both been very busy lately, though most of the information for a BH (Beyer-Hardwick) blindfold method website is already created. Daniel has written most of the material already, and I will compile it into a site and fill in any remaining gaps to be filled.

Is there much interest for a single website with a description of the BH method? I believe most of the algs are able to be found already, but if there is interest in a site I will try to dedicate more time to actually trying to publish this. I know Daniel is busy, but if there is a lot of interest he might be able to help too.

Chris

Ellis

WCA
2008HALL02
I chose indifferent. I would definitely do a full read through of the method, I'm kind of stuck on the 4x4 bld, but it isn't something I'm dying for because I've already read the a lot of stuff on it. This is something I would have liked a while back, but it would still be kinda neat to have it all in one place.

Edit: I just want to be clear, this is personal interest. If the question had been rather "should this website be made", I would definitely say yes, I see no reason for it not to be.

Last edited:

Mike Hughey

Super Moderator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I already have the algorithms stashed away on my computers, but of course you should put a website together if you get the chance! I'm sure it will catch on soon, so you might as well have a website ready for all the people who will start flocking to it as world records are set with it. :)

I'm looking forward to starting to get serious about learning BH corners next week!

Lucas Garron

WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
YES! Data-harvestin' time!
(We get $0.10 for each error found, right?)

Your main consideration for the site, I think, shouldn't be if someone wants it, but if someone will use it or if it inspires someone. Compare it to ZB - almost no one uses it, but it's often-discussed and has influenced other ideas. (And you end up with useful alg-subsets.)

Mike Hughey

Super Moderator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know this wasn't really your point, Lucas, but I would like to point out that I don't think BH is anything like ZB. BH is MUCH less effort to learn than ZB (believe it or not, it's true!), and it has many applications to other events, such as fewest moves. I suspect there will be an explosion of use of BH after a while, as people learn better and better ways to teach it. I'm guessing that if you're really committed to it, you could learn all of BH for the 3x3x3 (probably not fluently and quickly, but enough to do a decent job with it) in a month or two.

deadalnix

WCA
2008SECH01
I was wrtting some stuff on your method. "Was" because a loose everything yesterday.

So I'm more than interested !

JohnnyA

WCA
2009ADLA01
Is there any documentation at all on this BH method? This is the first I hear of it and if it does have possibilities for FMC as said earlier, I would be very interested.

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
Hi everyone,

I had no idea this many people were interested in a website about the method. Daniel is on vacation now, and is also busy with school so right now it's just me until he gets some free time.

The publication order, so far, will go like this:

1) BH corners (algs only)
2) BH edges (3x3) (algs only)
3) BH 3x3x3 method - explanation of how to apply the method in practice (definitely NOT just by memorizing all the algs, it's much easier than that)
4) BH x-centers? BH wings (4x4 and 5x5 edges)? Which would people prefer first?
5) The other one from group 4.
6) BH +centers for 5x5.
7) extension to n x n x n cubes.

I'll try to give updates on how far I am. So far I'm maybe 33% done with part 1 above of the site.

Chris

P.S. Lucas, Daniel and I have tried as hard as possible to avoid any typo errors, but I think there still might be some. I can't offer money for each error, but please post any errors you see if you find them *crosses fingers to hope we caught them all already* ;-)

Last edited: