• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Indian NR] Shivam Bansal Official MBLD 36/40 Cubes in 57:48!

h2f

Premium Member
WCA
2014PACE01
YouTube
seniorgrot
I must point a thing I've noticed watching through your previous attempts. I've noticed you get always your cubes placed in groups of 8. You can see it on this video or this:

I remeber cofusion about Maskows 41/41 (https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1162). Since it happen the cubes often during mbld attempts are placed in random orientation and not placed in groups. I've watched latest top results of Mark, Gianfranco and Kamil Przybylski and you can see the cubes are always gathered together not in groups.

My point is: we need more specific regulations about what is allowed in multibld about cubes.

WCA
2011BANS02
YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74mG0n
I must point a thing I've noticed watching through your previous attempts. I've noticed you get always your cubes placed in groups of 8. You can see it on this video or this:

I remeber cofusion about Maskows 41/41 (https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1162). Since it happen the cubes often during mbld attempts are placed in random orientation and not placed in groups. I've watched latest top results of Mark, Gianfranco and Kamil Przybylski and you can see the cubes are always gathered together not in groups.

My point is: we need more specific regulations about what is allowed in multibld about cubes.
I have looked into this and I would like to mention 2 things:

1) I have never 'asked' any scrambler to place cubes in any specific way, Its just that when i put down the cubes I keep them like i do during attempts, and its upto the scrambler if he wants to group them together or leave them like they are. I often cut out the placing cubes and removing covers part of my attempts so it may seem like I get this more often than I do, and you can see in the following video how i group them after starting the attempt:

Also I would like to mention that the scrambler in my 36/40 MBLD was a senior Delegate himself.

2) I have never gotten non random orientations on any cubes ever. the scrambles now in tnoodle add a wide move at the end of scrambles to make sure this can't accidentally happen also.
Also neither the regs nor the post by WCA looking into Maskow's attempts makes any mention of grouping cubes.

Finally I have already asked a Senior delegate to look into this matter and confirm that there isn't any technicality with this. :) even I think the regulations can be a bit more clear on this than they are.

In the UK it's entirely random. Along with random orientation too - which cant be said about some other countries .

Well done Shivam!
thanks! :)

So, now you have 50 other cubes + 50 Valks = 100? Can you do a 100 cubes MBLD please?
Actually I might have over 150 in total now :D but the problem is that I have rooms only for 50 cubes so Its difficult for me to do 50 + attempts at this time. I do intend to try a 100 cube attempt sometime in the future though :)

h2f

Premium Member
WCA
2014PACE01
YouTube
seniorgrot
Finally I have already asked a Senior delegate to look into this matter and confirm that there isn't any technicality with this. :) even I think the regulations can be a bit more clear on this than they are.
:) That's fine. My intention wasnt to make some offence to you. I've just realized the regs are not specific in the case of placing cubes on the table for mbld attempts. It's not a thing of a single cube - where the regs are clear - but many cubes on the table.