• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Increasing fluency

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Hello,
I am pretty new to OH cubing, and I don't plan on really persuing it for at least a few months until I can get around 2 min BLD around at 15 sec avg speedsolve 3x3. But anyway, how do you all increase the fluency? I just did a video of me doing it in 48 seconds, and when I did it, it seems really quick (F2L was done in around 24 seconds). However, when I watched on video, it was extremely slow. Can someone make a 1 handed slow video of a complete solve with what they see, how they do it, etc. similar to Eriks beginners F2L (Fridrich) video? Thanks

Patrick

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Great, thanks. You make inserting the CE pairs very easy. I suppose I need to work on that more than anything. Also, learning all the LL algs seems to be very important. A 5 LLL isnt good w/ 1 hand ;) Thanks for your help.

gillesvdp

I realize now that there is something stupid in that video.
When I had a line of 2 oriented edges, I did the wrong FUR/FRU (mirror) algirithm.
ANyway I correct it by giving a better explaination at the end of the video.

PLease give me positive AND negative feedback.
I would like to do a better job next times. :)

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Gilles, thanks a lot for the videos. I can't watch the second one until I get to go to the college later this week hopefully. Should come in handy. Thanks again.
Pat

doubleyou

very nice videos! they clear alot of things up for me.
but as Kai said, a finger trick etc only video would be nice!
but really good work so far! Thanks for that!

Sigurd

gillesvdp

OK I will do that one too but I need to prepare a bit what I am going to show, not like at some point on the OLL video. :p

But I will do something next week, I promise.

Gilles

gillesvdp

Originally posted by gillesvdp@May 13 2007, 12:35 PM
OK I will do that one too but I need to prepare a bit what I am going to show, not like at some point on the OLL video. :p

But I will do something next week, I promise.

Gilles
I thought about it but I could not come up with something else than what I showed in one of the videos( U' L fingertrick ).

If I have more ideas, I will give them. I promise. ;-)