• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

In general is sub 30 possible?

DaveyCow

WCA
2012WING01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So whaddya think? Is sub 30 possible for every member of the human race? Or does it take some special ability or spacial awareness?

I know I feel like sub 30 is impossible for me... Or am I just being pessimistic?

What are your thougts?

DaveyCow

WCA
2012WING01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's very much possible even with the slowest of methods. Keep practicing

hmm nice... so you think that with practice the brain can adapt to what is needed?

and yest I totally need to keep practicing... :)

What do you think is holding you back? Do you use full OLL/PLL? and do you do slow turning for your F2L?

I use 4 look (although i practice with 3look knowing 2/3 of PLLs) I'm def working on F2L as its my main time-set-back :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dacuba

I think he wanted to say that you haven't considered all people by saying "human race".
I'd say it is more difficult to learn how to solve the cube than getting sub30. Of course it takes more time, but it isn't as difficult.

WCA
2010BULA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So whaddya think? Is sub 30 possible for every member of the human race? Or does it take some special ability or spacial awareness?

I know I feel like sub 30 is impossible for me... Or am I just being pessimistic?

What are your thougts?

every member of the human race?
how about the babies?
people that are blind?
people in coma?
people who don't have hands and feet?
:D

jskyler91

YouTube
Visit Channel
If by every member you mean any human being then no. As the bloody talon and kir are hinting, there are simply certain "humans" who are not capable of the the motor skills or thought processes necessary to move the cube that fast. If, however, you mean any non disabled person of moderate intelligence, as I think you do, then yes. The key to sub 30 is practice and patience. You only need 2 turns per second to be sub 30 (assuming you don't average more than 60 moves), so as long as you keep moving you will almost certainly achieve it with time and practice.

xabu1

WCA
2011WENS01
sub 30 is definitely not possible for every human being, but sub 30 should not be hard for most of us.

If you keep practicing, as has been said before, you can achieve it. Personally, I found racing other cubers that were faster than me but not by much to be the best way to practice. I pushed myself to get better to win against them. Also, talking to good cubers helps, you might pick up a few of their tricks, I got my f2l with cross down to 8 seconds because I talked to good cubers who already had good OLL/PLL and were working only on cross/f2l. Problem was, I had longer LL than f2l... Keep practicing, learn from people who are faster, what they are working on, and if you can, race some people.

MalusDB

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd try and make an analogy about how hard sub 30 is, but since kir is about I'd rather not give him something to mindlessly pick apart. Its not that big of a step from 1 minute to sub 30 so long as you practice the right stuff.

tozies24

WCA
2010TOZI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think that it is not possible for the reasons that kir and bloody talon said but also people just don't want to put in the time in general. I think that most people probably have the mental capacity to be able to get to that time, but some people either don't want to apply their brains or they are just lazy and don't care about their times.

DaveyCow

WCA
2012WING01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guyz thx for the info/confirmation/stuff! and lol yes I guess I should have specificed "people of capacity" or something (ie, older than say 3, have hands, etc... :)) I will keep practicing with this new inspiration! gogogo!

Chilli

WCA
2012GOOD01
I never even dreamed to be as quick (using the term loosely ofc) as I am now. Tbh I sh*t my pants when I got my first sub-120 average. I practise basically every evening and now I've just recorded my first sub-40 mo12. I hope that, with practice, i can achieve sub 30 one day.