• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Improvement in a year

KingCanyon

WCA
2015KIND01
I thought that this would be an interesting thread to make. What’s the most you’ve improved in a particular event in a year and what changes allowed you to improve? For me personally, it was in 3x3 in 2018 when I went from averaging about 32 seconds to nearing sub 18. Also in 2019, I’ve gone from nearing sub 18 to mid 14’s already. The changes I used were getting better hardware and practicing more.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
Mine was from February 2018 to February 2019. I went from not knowing how to solve a cube at all to averaging about 50 seconds. This is because I went from using a Rubik's brand to a GAN 356 Air. If you mean improvement during my cubing career, it was from November 2018 to now. Last year I averaged about 15 seconds on 2x2, and now I average about 6. That was because I learned Ortega.