• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I'm getting sick and tired of the childish behaviour here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAE_JA_VOO

Guys, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting incredibly irritated by the sudden influx of childish behavior on the forum.

I'm talking abot threads like this. Seriously, who gives a crap? This sort of thing is the kind of conversation 10 year olds indulge in. I'm so sick and tired of seeing "monkeydude this" and "monkeydude that". He's forever getting bashed for SOMETHING, or he's starting a stupid thread/posting a stupid video.

Am I alone in this?

Gunnar

WCA
2004KRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Guys, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting incredibly irritated by the sudden influx of childish behavior on the forum.

I'm talking abot threads like this. Seriously, who gives a crap? This sort of thing is the kind of conversation 10 year olds indulge in. I'm so sick and tired of seeing "monkeydude this" and "monkeydude that". He's forever getting bashed for SOMETHING, or he's starting a stupid thread/posting a stupid video.

Am I alone in this?

I agree with you. I along with others I know don't read this forum that much anymore, since the ammount of ridiculous or uninteresting posts are increasing.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Agree in general. And about your particular example:
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Perhaps a nice banhammer will solve things? (;

You're definitely not alone in your opinion. I find these "monkeydude" topics so... ugh, asinine and immature.

Dennis

YouTube
Visit Channel
Man, I miss the serious cube related questions in the Yahoo forum back in the days 2005. I acctually have save a lot of emails from that era and still using them today. To bad that forum is dead and when someone actually post the topic is completely out of intrest.

Jason

WCA
2008GYAN01
Yeah, the contents in the forum has seriously gone downhill in the past year or so. before, topics were more about the cube (techniques, solutions...). Now it's about slagging people off or about completely pointless repetitive uninteresting off-topic discussions, and it's completely polluting/clouding the forum. I think in this case, less is more

stiwi griffin

maybe you could make a sub-forum for new people and to limit them to post there and when a moderator thinks that they are "able"to post in the rest of the forums they are "free",but if they start posting things that have been posted all the time they go back to the sub-forum.

YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know...maybe it's just that there was so much discussion here before that people decide not to open up the same discussions, and go for something new (well, not the "What cube should I get" threads...)

peterbat

WCA
2009BATT02
I've been reading this forum for less than a year now, but it's been enough to see an unpleasant trend. It's the same trend I see with my email spam. It's annoying, but there's nothing I can do about it without inventing a new Internet and only inviting my friends. (I'm no Al Gore...)

The nice thing, though, is that I can still read all the good posts on here!

Status
Not open for further replies.