• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I'm a state with no competitions, and I need some help

ChaoticCubing

IMG_0525.PNG OK so let me get this straight, I am a cougar who has it actually been able to go to any competitions because of the area where I live in and there is one coming up that is about four hours away but I will not be able to make it. I was wondering if there a way where I can get competitions closer to my area or state because I have so far seen none.

Just to clarify, I have also been cubing since about last year, or year and a half but I did take a huge break and I did come back and I have cut off about a minute off of my 3x3 times and I am using CFOP and my times fluctuates between 30-45 sec.
And I have been brushing up on Ortega on 2x2, and it took me 124 solves to get a sub-1p avg. of 5 and 12.

lol.

cubeninjaIV

WCA
2009HILD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Step one would be to let us know what state you live in. It's possible that you live somewhere that does have frequent competitions, but there are none right now.

Step two would be to look into hosting your own. You can contact a nearby delegate, or if there are none nearby, literally any US delegate. We're pretty easy to convince.
Depending on where you actually live, they might tell you that you need competition experience before they will work with you. If you really do live in an area with no competitions, they will probably be much more willing to work with you.

ChaoticCubing

I live in Kansas, and I saw there was a competition in Missouri that would be 4 and a half hours away, but I'm going to a lake on the competition day.

WCA
2013BARK01
I live in Kansas, and I saw there was a competition in Missouri that would be 4 and a half hours away, but I'm going to a lake on the competition day.
Near Kansas City? If so, there are comps there pretty regularly, many of which I attend coming from St. Louis. Talk to @biscuit and @Tycubing about that, they are the current organizers over there.

Also I can't go to the Missouri comp because I'm on vacation in Alaska lol

Tycubing

WCA
2015SPEC01
I just organized one in Overland Park in late April. Depending on where you are in KS, you will almost need to travel for competitions.

ChaoticCubing

Ok, I just took a quick glimpse on google, and looks it up on google and didn't see any immediate responses. So I just assumed. Thanks a lot! And if there are any soon, I'll be at my friends house in Olathe, and are there any soon? I'll be there in the next 2 weeks.