• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

brododragon

I would like to point out that, even though you're non-profit, you could get still paided. The average CEO of a non profit organization gets 120,000 USD a year. While I know you're not getting anywhere close to this number, you should still get paid by Britcubes.

I would like to point out that, even though you're non-profit, you could get still paided. The average CEO of a non profit organization gets 120,000 USD a year. While I know you're not getting anywhere close to this number, you should still get paid by Britcubes.
All that money the non-profit organization gets goes to paying employees and renting rooms and stuff like that.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
The employees get money, but the people who own the organization don't. Jack and Luke don't need money to keep this thing going.

The CEO does, all they need to do is appoint themselves CEO and COO, then establish a board consisting of themselves and maybe a staff member or two

brododragon

The CEO does, all they need to do is appoint themselves CEO and COO, then establish a board consisting of themselves and maybe a staff member or two
That’s my thinking. And besides, it’s not officially a non profit.

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As I said a long time ago in this thread, you aren't a non-profit in the USA until you apply for 501(c)(3) status with the US government. If they were making any money, the money being made would be considered a sole proprietorship of whoever received the money. But that doesn't appear to be the case.

brododragon

As I said a long time ago in this thread, you aren't a non-profit in the USA until you apply for 501(c)(3) status with the US government. If they were making any money, the money being made would be considered a sole proprietorship of whoever received the money. But that doesn't appear to be the case.
I acknowledged that.
And besides, it’s not officially a non profit.

LNBFilms

In Honours Agebra I (Sucks just like Chem) DND!
WCA
2019BATE05

We know that, but thank you anyway! I don’t know how people keep thinking this though...

JackJack13

I am almost finished with the new website.
the only thing I have to add is....the page with all the information on all the wca events. each event will have the following info; top cube at low mid and high price ranges, algs, metheds, mental practice tips, physical practice tips.

WeCube has changed a bit yes there is still a team, but I want to give people information on cubing that can help them be better.
yes I know I'm not the greatest cuber in the world but I do know a lot about the human brain and how it affects cubing.
the entire wecube site is based on this;

"With physical practice you can train your body to be good.

With mental practice you can train your mind to be great.

With both you train yourself to be unstoppable."

-Jack Koets

before I finish the website I want some information from you about events I do not have a ton of knowledge about like big cubes >5x5x5 squan bld etc.
once I have the rest of the info/tips I need I will start adding pages to the website if what I'm saying is confusing just ask.
send a pm or comment with your info.

new website. here

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice! Looks a lot neater.

So we wanted to get OUR GOALS written and out in fornt of everyone. HERE they are below. Please let me know if you have suggestions on ADDING or changing our Stated Community Goals.

Thanks Everyone.

- Luke

Statistics Goal:
We want every cuber to be able to achieve their personal statistic goal, no matter if it is five seconds, or finally breaking that 1 minute time.

So we wanted to get OUR GOALS written and out in front of everyone. HERE they are below. Please let me know if you have suggestions on ADDING or changing our Stated Community Goals.s improve. We want members to share new algorithms and new methods during this process.ogether to find new algorithms and new methods during this process.

So we wanted to get OUR GOALS written and out in front of everyone. HERE they are below. Please let me know if you have suggestions on ADDING or changing our Stated Community Goals.s improve. We want members to share new algorithims and new methods during this process.

Outreach Goal
We want new cubers to be accepted into the community, to be able to tell other cubers about our team, and to not just help more cubers to reach their goals, but to organize local get togethers of people interested in learning from each other.’

You say ‘So we wanted to get OUR goals written...’ 3 times lol. And there’s a few typos there.

I’ll go through the entire thing later :)