• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Not really, i would need to practice, in a hunch. Not already fast cumbersome, but newer slower cumbersome. There are other things we can help faster ones with. I know I sound contradictary, but trust me y’all, please. We just want to help the community!

How would you teach @G2013 whatever the heck you do to improve at 3-style when you just recently learned the event and probably just do OP? He/She's spent wayyy more time practicing and learning about BLD than you have, and there's really not much you could offer him/her than "practice and make sure you're fast at all the 3-Style algs". (I'm saying this as someone who recently learned BLD and am at the same level you'd be if you learned BLD to help someone get faster at it)

LNBFilms

In Honours Agebra I (Sucks just like Chem) DND!
WCA
2019BATE05
How would you teach @G2013 whatever the heck you do to improve at 3-style when you just recently learned the event and probably just do OP? He/She's spent wayyy more time practicing and learning about BLD than you have, and there's really not much you could offer him/her than "practice and make sure you're fast at all the 3-Style algs". (I'm saying this as someone who recently learned BLD and am at the same level you'd be if you learned BLD to help someone get faster at it)

It takes effort. You are correct. But later on, I could maybe just maybe be able to help somewhat. Just cause we are worse, doesn't mean we can't help. If you were in my shoes, you would feel the pressure to answer right away. It gets hard when almost everyone is against you. Good point though. Thank you.

LNBFilms

WCA
2019BATE05
You don't know how to do BLD but recommend it for becoming color neutral on 3x3? That's alarming even if the advice made any sense.

It makes since because if you cannot see the cubes colours, then you will slowly become used to not caring about them in non-blind solves. I may be wrong, but just because this sounds like a scam, what would you be saying when someone who is supposedly sub-8 for example, and you didn’t know it actually was a scam, instead of this thread being here. Just think about that for a minute.

WCA
2017OWEN01
It makes since because if you cannot see the cubes colours, then you will slowly become used to not caring about them in non-blind solves. I may be wrong, but just because this sounds like a scam, what would you be saying when someone who is supposedly sub-8 for example, and you didn’t know it actually was a scam, instead of this thread being here. Just think about that for a minute.
I don’t understand this can you please try and re-phrase it.

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
do you have any advice for a sub 9 solver to become color neutral other than the obvious self-explanatory stuff?
I’m experimenting with the process using something I’ve not seen anyone talk about which is corner neutrality. What I’m doing is picking one corner, which for me is the red green white corner, and working on cross for those colors so you can do a cross on one side of the 3 sets of opposites. I wonder if this is the better compromise between single cross and CN

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
I don’t understand this can you please try and re-phrase it.
I would personally not rely on this. I guarantee you that doing blind will not help with becoming CN. The first reason why is in blind you pick a fixed orientation to solve from so it’s essentially no different from having a fixed cross color you always solve. And then secondly, and more importantly, the way blind is solved is completely different from normal speed solving methods so the skills in blind wouldn’t translate. If you think about it, the only difference between single cross, dual cross, corner neutral, or full CN is what color patterns you can recognize. You’re not changing anything else. No change to your solving method, fingertricks, etc. So you’re just recognizing the same patterns with different colors

Even if it is a scam, they still had the skill to be sub-8 to provide merit. Without merit, it’s very hard to make other people trust you. You need to try to help those who are receptive and let your work speak for itself instead of offering vague statements. That’s the only way people are going to be receptive in the long term

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Maybe the phrasing of this thread title and some things in your website just need to be changed - they’re kind of starting an argument...
The bit about ’What do you get from joining the team’ probably needs a bit of work - ’faster times’ those don’t come with joining teams, they come with practise. I do get the new friends bit, and depending on other people’s opinions, maybe you could list exactly how you’re going to get people sponsored, instead of just saying ‘You will be sponsored!’. Mention your times in that info box too, maybe say ‘we can definitely help out all people above our times, and maybe even show faster people some new tricks!’ Such as showing efficient XCross blockbuilding to a sub 15 person who has never experimented with this at all, or showing a new way to do the T OLL, etc.
tl;dr I think the wording needs to be changed a little.

Also, maybe check out this:
‘Please note; next time we want look over the applications you will have another chance at being part of the team. hang in there you still could be part of our team. Thanks to all that applied and keep cubing. Check back in about three weeks to see if you have become a memeber. ;-)‘

Missed out a ‘to’ in the middle of want and look. Hang should have a capital. Member not Memeber. :).

EDIT: In the application form, apart should be a part. Sorry for being a total grammar Nazi lol.
;)

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It makes since because if you cannot see the cubes colours, then you will slowly become used to not caring about them in non-blind solves.

This statement makes it clear that you don't understand what methods are actually used in blindfolded events. It's not just CFOP with your eyes closed, there are specific methods developed for blind solving, which don't translate to sighted solving in the way you describe.

I may be wrong, but just because this sounds like a scam, what would you be saying when someone who is supposedly sub-8 for example, and you didn’t know it actually was a scam, instead of this thread being here. Just think about that for a minute.

I have not once in this thread called you out for being a scam. My first post questioned what your group actually offered to their members:

On top of that, I don't even know what this service can offer anyone.

Coaching? Do you have any proven track record of improving one's performance? Do you have times that are considered world class yourself that can even get anyone to that level?

Improved social media presence? What are you doing besides putting their media on your website? I sense a lot of catch-22 stuff here, where you're selling a community which doesn't exist yet, and your social media impact from your website doesn't do anything until the service is well known.

I get that you want to help people, but I'm not sure your website is convincing anyone that you have the resources to do that.

I never questioned your desire to help people, and I think that's admirable. But you have to also realize that you might just not have the resources or experience to help people in the way you want. That's been the focus of any criticism I've posted here, not on your intentions, but the actual cubing-related posts that you've made.

If this team were run by a sub-8 cuber, I'd likely still have questions like the ones Tao Yu brought up regarding coaching. Additionally, much would also depend on whether that sub-8 cuber was sponsored themselves or not. If they had a prestigious sponsorship (MoYu, Gan, Cubicle, SCS, etc.), then I'd imagine they have a lot to say about the process it takes to get a sponsorship, as well as what those companies are looking for. There are tons of fast cubers out there, but a lot of them bring nothing of value to the companies they could potentially sponsor for a variety of reasons (no personality or abrasive personality, minimal social media presence, etc.).

Being fast alone does not make one a good coach, but it's obviously highly correlated with more cubing knowledge and experience with techniques that got them to that speed. Of course, it could be that they used bad techniques and compensated that with innate skill, and they also might just be trash at teaching others. But if someone wants to be a coach for another cuber without that level of speed, that person has a lot more to prove about their abilities to coach, simply because the experience and skill isn't quite there yet. That doesn't mean a slower cuber can't be a coach, but in your case, there are some glaring issues in the advice you've shared on this thread that reveals that you probably don't have the experience to coach someone up to the caliber of a cuber with a prestigious sponsorship.

Sorry if that's harsh, but I'm just calling it how I see it.

LNBFilms

WCA
2019BATE05
Even if it is a scam, they still had the skill to be sub-8 to provide merit. Without merit, it’s very hard to make other people trust you. You need to try to help those who are receptive and let your work speak for itself instead of offering vague statements. That’s the only way people are going to be receptive in the long term

I meant that it turned out that they were not sub 8.

This statement makes it clear that you don't understand what methods are actually used in blindfolded events. It's not just CFOP with your eyes closed, there are specific methods developed for blind solving, which don't translate to sighted solving in the way you describe.

I have not once in this thread called you out for being a scam. My first post questioned what your group actually offered to their members:

I never questioned your desire to help people, and I think that's admirable. But you have to also realize that you might just not have the resources or experience to help people in the way you want. That's been the focus of any criticism I've posted here, not on your intentions, but the actual cubing-related posts that you've made.

If this team were run by a sub-8 cuber, I'd likely still have questions like the ones Tao Yu brought up regarding coaching. Additionally, much would also depend on whether that sub-8 cuber was sponsored themselves or not. If they had a prestigious sponsorship (MoYu, Gan, Cubicle, SCS, etc.), then I'd imagine they have a lot to say about the process it takes to get a sponsorship, as well as what those companies are looking for. There are tons of fast cubers out there, but a lot of them bring nothing of value to the companies they could potentially sponsor for a variety of reasons (no personality or abrasive personality, minimal social media presence, etc.).

Being fast alone does not make one a good coach, but it's obviously highly correlated with more cubing knowledge and experience with techniques that got them to that speed. Of course, it could be that they used bad techniques and compensated that with innate skill, and they also might just be trash at teaching others. But if someone wants to be a coach for another cuber without that level of speed, that person has a lot more to prove about their abilities to coach, simply because the experience and skill isn't quite there yet. That doesn't mean a slower cuber can't be a coach, but in your case, there are some glaring issues in the advice you've shared on this thread that reveals that you probably don't have the experience to coach someone up to the caliber of a cuber with a prestigious sponsorship.

Sorry if that's harsh, but I'm just calling it how I see it.

Sorry, just provided an example, not specifically calling you out. I’m just upset that it seems Luke the whole forum is against me. Please forgive me senpai

JackJack13

I really do not think arguing anymore is a good idea. I agree with @kitclement and will change the thread title.
This is a team as a team we help others grow. even those outside of our "team" I am upset that I have created this argument.
the best part of cubing is the community I think we can all agree with that. I see I have put an idea to the world in an unfair way. therefore I must correct my mistake but before I do that I must apologize for making WeCubeTeam sound more than it is I hope in the future it will grow but for now I will change the way I go about this in order to stop the arguing. I am sorry for saying its a sponsorship it's not. it is a way to get you there with a community that has your back. I hope that you all can see that I mean every word I am saying with all of my heart my cube-shaped heart.;)

brododragon

I really do not think arguing anymore is a good idea. I agree with @kitclement and will change the thread title.
This is a team as a team we help others grow. even those outside of our "team" I am upset that I have created this argument.
the best part of cubing is the community I think we can all agree with that. I see I have put an idea to the world in an unfair way. therefore I must correct my mistake but before I do that I must apologize for making WeCubeTeam sound more than it is I hope in the future it will grow but for now I will change the way I go about this in order to stop the arguing. I am sorry for saying its a sponsorship it's not. it is a way to get you there with a community that has your back. I hope that you all can see that I mean every word I am saying with all of my heart my cube-shaped heart.;)
I'm not trying to argue, purely making a suggestion.