• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

JackJack13

We would like to thank Daniel E. from SpeedCubing.org, for forming a partnership with our speedcubing team! This thread will now be used for updates to the team, links to new videos on the WeCube USA YouTube Channel, and other major updates. These are the major update to WeCube:
  • All of our tips about practice will be on the new website.
  • Merch will be sold to members when it arrives other merch will be available to the public within a month
  • The "Team" is still to help you improve. I will have a spreadsheet for the team's official results to show improvement.
  • If you have doubts that we are not phishing for your information you can check us out on speedcubing.com here
  • Any questions should go to [email protected] or on the contact page on our website.
New website here WeCubeusa.com

Last edited:

kubesolver

Premium Member
Sorry to be so negative, but all about this enterprise smells very fishy.

The whole idea of getting anyone sponsored via some unknown secret ways sounds very very suspicious even if it's not clear what is the exact angle here. In the world I live that's not how people get sponsored.

I can't be 100% sure that it's not legit but I see a lot of red lights blinking from this ad.
- unfair marketing practices on the forum (yes-manning your own idea with gimmick account)
- luring people by giving them hope of achieving something most cubing children dream about
- absolutely no details about any successes, any contacts, references, testimonials or any way about how those dreams can be achieved

Sounds to me like only the most naive, greedy, impulsive and impatient people will jump on this opportunity as it looks like right now, and I have never seen an enterprise that target this group that didn't turn out to be scam.

JackJack13

Sorry to be so negative, but all about this enterprise smells very fishy.

The whole idea of getting anyone sponsored via some unknown secret ways sounds very very suspicious even if it's not clear what is the exact angle here. In the world I live that's not how people get sponsored.

I can't be 100% sure that it's not legit but I see a lot of red lights blinking from this ad.
- unfair marketing practices on the forum (yes-manning your own idea with gimmick account)
- luring people by giving them hope of achieving something most cubing children dream about
- absolutely no details about any successes, any contacts, references, testimonials or any way about how those dreams can be achieved

Sounds to me like only the most naive, greedy, impulsive and impatient people will jump on this opportunity as it looks like right now, and I have never seen an enterprise that target this group that didn't turn out to be scam.
well to be fair i started this on Saturday. that is not the intention i only commented on my own post to try to put my post on the home page. im not making money off this im not trying to stalk people i really just want to help others. its also not an enterprise because its non-profit.
i am a co-founder of wecube yes it was my idea but im not a ceo trying to get anything out of it

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
On top of that, I don't even know what this service can offer anyone.

Coaching? Do you have any proven track record of improving one's performance? Do you have times that are considered world class yourself that can even get anyone to that level?

Improved social media presence? What are you doing besides putting their media on your website? I sense a lot of catch-22 stuff here, where you're selling a community which doesn't exist yet, and your social media impact from your website doesn't do anything until the service is well known.

I get that you want to help people, but I'm not sure your website is convincing anyone that you have the resources to do that.

its also not an enterprise because its non-profit.

I highly doubt that. Want to show your application for non-profit status? If you're just starting something up and running finances yourself (which you must have some from giving jackets) without subjecting yourself to government regulations for NPOs, that's a form of an enterprise.

JackJack13

On top of that, I don't even know what this service can offer anyone.

Coaching? Do you have any proven track record of improving one's performance? Do you have times that are considered world class yourself that can even get anyone to that level?

Improved social media presence? What are you doing besides putting their media on your website? I sense a lot of catch-22 stuff here, where you're selling a community which doesn't exist yet, and your social media impact from your website doesn't do anything until the service is well known.

I get that you want to help people, but I'm not sure your website is convincing anyone that you have the resources to do that.

I highly doubt that. Want to show your application for non-profit status? If you're just starting something up and running finances yourself (which you must have some from giving jackets) without subjecting yourself to government regulations for NPOs, that's a form of an enterprise.
this entire thing has turned sour. like I said i just started. I respect your opinions i guess i had a wrong definition for enterprise.
I wouldn't consider it a service its really just me and a group of friends trying to help others out that's why I call it a team i figured i should start somewhere but if you think its just a bad idea then i should probably stop i get that you know what you're talking about and respect that.

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
this entire thing has turned sour. like I said i just started. I respect your opinions i guess i had a wrong definition for enterprise.
I wouldn't consider it a service its really just me and a group of friends trying to help others out that's why I call it a team i figured i should start somewhere but if you think its just a bad idea then i should probably stop i get that you know what you're talking about and respect that.

I don't think we're trying to break down your intentions here, I think it's pretty clear that you are trying to help others achieve their goals and foster a community. I guess the main thing is that I'm not sure that you're offering something that can actually help people achieve those goals, which could let down people you are trying to help.

On another note, a non-profit is not a term for anything that isn't making a profit, it's a specific type of legal entity that is recognized by governments through a lengthy application. I'm not trying to say that you're trying to make a profit, it's just that you aren't legally recognized as a non-profit.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
In fact, I think this is really cool that you want to encourage people and show other big cubing companies (moyu, cubicle, qiyi, etc.) that you have potential and could eventually be sponsored.
Go for it, don't listen to these naysayers.
From what I have gathered, I don't see anyone saying "Don't do this" but rather providing mature advice, and ideas, as well as cautioning others thinking about joining to make sure that everything is legit with what @JackJack13 is saying and that his intentions are correct.

I think that most people if not all when they first see something like @JackJack13 posted, there first thoughts are going to be "is this legit", especially since @JackJack13 is new to these forums, and no one here really know to much about him...if anything.

I do not think that anyone means ill-will to @JackJack13, and what he is proposing could work out, but there is a lot more thought and things to keep in mind before starting something like this, either for you @JackJack13 before you start this, or the general public before joining.

As @Kit Clement said about the whole non-profit deal, he is correct and that is one of the things that should be thought about and making sure you are aware of (again @JackJack13 ) before you press ahead and then later on come to find out that you are missing something or that you were not aware of. Being well educated in whatever it is you are trying to do, before you do it is a ton better, then starting something from impulse and finding out later that you missed a key detail in your "business" or whatever it is.

@WarriorCatCuber and @Cubinwitdapizza, the reason I tagged you is that instead of saying what you did, especially in calling everyone else that was cautioning @JackJack13 a naysayer, maybe what they said has value and should be thought about before just jumping head in to something with out the proper thought and details.

@JackJack13, I do not know how you are planning this, who you will accept (and how many), and what your long term goal is, but all that should be planned and thought of before you start accepting people. Make sure you know what non-profit fully means. Make sure that what you say is completely accurate, has well as having someway to reassure people of that. Many people have not meet you, know much about you, know much about what you are trying to start, which can be fine, but if (and since) that is the case here others have the right to be skeptical of what you are doing since none of what I just said is not provided to them.