• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Ibaraki competition 2007 - New 5x5 Avg WR

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
Yohei Oka won the Ibaraki competition 2007 with an average in the final of 13.51 seconds. Sinpei Araki finished second (14.74) and Tatsuya Ookubo finished third (15.54).
World records: Takayuki Ookusa 5x5 1:42.16 (average).
Asian records: Kouetso Ando 3x3 9.83 (single), Takayuki Ookusa 5x5 1:35.90 (single), Takuma Akutsu 3x3 one-handed 21.21 (average), Yohei Oka Pyraminx 4.83 (single) 6.79 (average).

Full results here.

H

hdskull

wow, Ookusa reclaimed WR from Matyas. those 2 are probably THE biggest 2 rivalries, and across continents too, haha.

this didn't seem like a big competition, not a lot of people were there... I expected Yu to break sub 12 and someone to break sub 20 for OH...

H

hdskull

Frank Morris got a slower 1:42 average at Berkeley Fall.
He also got a 1:39 and a 1:37 (my dad din't film the latter, because he had "filmed enough of Frank's solves")
wow, guess 5x5 competition is heating up all over the world.

H

hdskull

what kind of 5x5s and 4x4s do you guys usually use ? cuz i'm gonna purchase some big cubes pretty soon.

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
frk17
wow, Ookusa reclaimed WR from Matyas. those 2 are probably THE biggest 2 rivalries, and across continents too, haha.
I guess there are also other guys besides these. Frank Morris for instant pulled of a great average! I think a sub 1:40 or a sub 1:35 average will come soon.

Oh and btw. Matyas and Ookusa use a rubiks. Frank and myself use an Olympicube though I'm not sure he used that one at the last competition (lgarron you know?). I don't think the cube really matters as long as it is nice. I do about the same times on an eastsheen for instance.
On 4x4 almost everyone uses a rubiks. Only mine is so loose that it pops so I'm experimenting with eastsheen now. Ron van Bruchem also got good times on an eastsheen and not to forget Marc van Beest :)

In other words, it's the cuber, not the cube that makes good times!