• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I want to get faster. I'm sub 55. Help?!?

Kyle3909

Okay. I recently started speedcubing. About 3 weeks to 1 month. I know intuitive F2L, 2LOOK OLL/PLL. I'm decent at the cross. 90% of the time I can get it within 10 seconds. My F2L is taking around 30+ seconds and my LL is around 12 seconds. Most of the time it is less than that. I learned both 2looks in two days. I have them all memorized. I'm not the best at looking ahead though. My F2L is pretty slow and it sucks. I don't get to practice all the time. I practice on the bus on my way home, in the morning after getting ready, and sometimes during school if given the chance. Other than all of that, I need help. I don't know what to focus on. I tried learning F2L, 2LOOK OLL, and 2LOOK PLL at the same time. I was practicing all three at the same time and kind of got overwhelmed and burnt out. I'm back into solving and all. Not doing three things at once either. What do I do though? What should I focus on? I've seen many things about getting sub 40, sub30, and so on. None really for my situation. Should I just give up? I have a MoYu AoLong V2. That's not the issue. The issue isn't with my materials and so forth. It's with me. What can I do to get out of this slump? I desperately want to get faster. I don't know where to go from here. I know I've answered a lot of my own question. I need direction. What to focus on now, what to move onto next after that, and things like that. Trying to do three things at once obviously didn't work. I can solve the cube 100% of the time. I just want to get faster. My PB is 44 seconds. Any help is well appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CornerCutter

YouTube
Visit Channel
I would say the biggest thing you can do at this stage is practice as much as you can. The fact that you know 2look OLL and 2look PLL is great! If you can cut you cross down to 5-6sec that would be good. Try watching Badmephisto's advanced cross videos: http://badmephisto.com/cross.php He has some good tips, at this stage you don't have to do every thing he shows, just get the basic tips. Your intuitive F2L time will come down with just practice.

Also you could use this as a guide: http://badmephisto.com/guide.php

You know all the things to get sub-35 at least. You just have to get better at them.

Practice, practice, practice!!!;)

Kyle3909

I would say the biggest thing you can do at this stage is practice as much as you can. The fact that you know 2look OLL and 2look PLL is great! If you can cut you cross down to 5-6sec that would be good. Try watching Badmephisto's advanced cross videos: http://badmephisto.com/cross.php He has some good tips, at this stage you don't have to do every thing he shows, just get the basic tips. Your intuitive F2L time will come down with just practice.

Also you could use this as a guide: http://badmephisto.com/guide.php

You know all the things to get sub-35 at least. You just have to get better at them.

Practice, practice, practice!!!;)
Thanks so much! I will put more time into practicing. I have watched tons of videos. I will give them a watch.

JTWong71

If you want to focus on one part of your solve, I would say it is F2L. Slow solving will help lower transition times between pairs. When I was averaging around 30 seconds, I learned F2L by trying out different triggers on each of the cases. At a point you may see how each F2L insert works, and so then you just need to work on recognition. I do think that practicing full solves instead of just F2L will work best, as your last layer will slowly improve.

Kyle3909

If you want to focus on one part of your solve, I would say it is F2L. Slow solving will help lower transition times between pairs. When I was averaging around 30 seconds, I learned F2L by trying out different triggers on each of the cases. At a point you may see how each F2L insert works, and so then you just need to work on recognition. I do think that practicing full solves instead of just F2L will work best, as your last layer will slowly improve.
Thanks! I will try the trigger thing. I am going to spend a lot more time practicing and getting my speed up.