• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I Think I Created a New Mod for Big Cubes

WCA
2015FOXC01
YouTube
MASTERMIND2368
I don't think people do it, but I don't see how it could affect the cube very much. It would make it more smooth, but that's what makes the cube stable I believe (My Wuque is still coming.). This could be a thing if you had magnets in it, but I personally would not use this on any big cube with out magnets.

WCA
2016YURK01
YouTube
UCsahEVQ3seMEPmLKOTKRYgA
I don't think people do it, but I don't see how it could affect the cube very much. It would make it more smooth, but that's what makes the cube stable I believe (My Wuque is still coming.). This could be a thing if you had magnets in it, but I personally would not use this on any big cube with out magnets.
I have done this to all of my big cubes and it has not changed the stability at all and it did in fact make the cube a lot smoother.

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
thetx789
The days of moddifing cubes are over pretty much. There are no V-Cube 6s needing a Pi Mod or shengshou needing the Florian Mod or Konsta Mod (The former was used on 4x4 and 5x5 mostly, the latter just 4x4). It could be a real pain to do modifing all the pieces pretty much. Cubes today are fine without moding this is very minor however.

WCA
2016YURK01
YouTube
UCsahEVQ3seMEPmLKOTKRYgA
The days of moddifing cubes are over pretty much. There are no V-Cube 6s needing a Pi Mod or shengshou needing the Florian Mod or Konsta Mod (The former was used on 4x4 and 5x5 mostly, the latter just 4x4). It could be a real pain to do modifing all the pieces pretty much. Cubes today are fine without moding this is very minor however.
true but I'm one of those weird people who likes to spend hours setting up cubes and although the result is minor it still is pretty cool.

Matthew H.

WCA
2014HARR01
To add to the Yuxin Blue 4x4, I did something with all 12 of the bigger inner edge pieces where you take each one apart and each of the 12 contains 2 halves and then a torpedo. Before the torpedoes would be very loose; but, I've decided to just use some super glue to secure them better. I did this to all 12. Although it didn't do very much, I think it was worth it for some more smoothness and stability