• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] I suck at 3bld

I am the best DNF master at 3bld.I use M2/OP. I get dnfs due to memo.

I've had advanced m2 suggested to me. Is Josh Weimers video tutorial a good place to start.
I plan to get sub 30 by end of 2019. Memo tips?

Is 4BLDs 3-style tutorial a good tutorial.

Thanks in advance

WCA
2017BAIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Can you specifically say about your memo system before I can give you some advice.

Also Josh's tutorials are great and you should probably watch them if you have a strong hold on your normal M2 targets.

In terms of 3-style tutorial, I basically learned form Noah's Tutorial and also recommend others who are switching their methods to 3-style.
I recently transitioned from M2/OP to M2/3-Style. But I think 4BLD's tutorial is also nic.

I memo corners then edges execute edges execute corners. I use audio edges. When I want to start my next letter pair I have to start from the beginning of my audio sentence.
For corners I use stories. Recalling the first letter pair is hard but after it flows nicely.only edge recalling doesn't flow

WCA
2017BAIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You have the perfect memo system, as audio edges and image corners are considered to be the best for 3BLD
If you have trouble in recalling your edge memo, then you should probably give more time to memorize your first letter pair, before moving on to the next.
The main problem you are having is because ,what I think is that you are trying to memo faster than your current capability.
I remember I had the same problem, about 5 months ago when I had just started out the audio memo, I would think that my audio memo was strong , but as soon as I started to execute my edges, I almost forgot my entire edge memo. Then I started to give to more time to memorize my audio pairs and eventually with practice I could do it in one loop without any recalling issues.
Audio memory is extremely short term, so getting used to it requires a lot of practice.
Currently, I can memo my edges with great fluidity, but one more problem I have discovered is mixing up the audio string.
By mixing up, I mean that the audio pairs sometimes sound alike, and I couldn't differentiate between them. For instance, audio pairs starting with X or J or pairs ending with E or I had the same sound.
So I am currently working on these issues which you might also have.
So,my final advice is just to slow down your memo time and memorize more concretely and identify your mistakes.
If you have anything else, please let me know.
Hope this helped .

I had an idea for practicing your audio. Tell me what you think.
On different pieces of paper, write all the different letter pairs and what their audio sound would be. Fold them so that you can only see the audio sound.
Put them all in a bag and take a random one out, look at the audio sound and try to guess the letter pair inside

WCA
2017BAIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, its a good way to practice, probably knew it from a long time ago but didn't implement it because of being too lazy.:p
But I must do it now.
I recommend you to watch this video by Kabyanil Talukdar who was the world champion at 3BLD during 2015 . He has some great tips-