• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I really need help from sub-12 second cubers!!!!

Andrew Ricci

Anonymity is for Nubs
WCA
2010RICC02
YouTube
theanonymouscuber
Well, you certainly turn fast enough to be sub 12, but your F2L seems to have a lot of pauses in it. Try and work out exactly what you will be doing for the next pair while you are finishing the current one. You also seem to lock up on a lot of algs, try to clean up your turning style so you can execute algs with fewer lockups.

If you want in-depth analysis on your solves, ask Brest, one of the moderators, to reconstruct your average. That way you can find out how long each step takes exactly and where you can improve.

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
5BLD
Plz help! Will I ever get to sub 12 seconds?
You will get there if you work for and towards it... Your turn style on the first solve was nice, it was fairly calm, unlike the last solve where you turned fast and paused lots.
Work on not pausing at all and simply watch your time drop, don't force it.

I myself am still surprised at how with a relaxed (not sluggish, but relaxed and 'blank') mind can make time seem to go slower. With total concentration and not even thinking about time I seem to get constant low 7s without even turning fast (well, maybe it's that time seems to go slower when you're relaxed, so it seems I am turning slow when i'm not)

Work at look ahead for a few minutes. Then do some speedsolves without thinking about look ahead at all, but simply expecting yourself to look ahead without thinking. Of course if you don't then you need to keep practising...

Last edited:

Ninja Storm

WCA
2012ELLI01
YouTube
crazyninja300
The thing I saw the most were rotations, and the rotations were bad. You spent time looking for pieces with U's, then rotated to do the alg/F2L slot. Learn to rotate less, and make your rotations smoother. You seemed to waste lots of time readjusting the cube in your hands.

EDIT: I realized you're shooting for sub-12 when you're not even sub-15. It might be better to go for more frequent and "easier" goals.

Last edited: