• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I need opinions from other speedcubers!

Thread starter #1
hey, I have speedcubed for a few months now. I am using f2l, 2 look OLL and 2 look PLL. My average of 5 with the dayan zhanchi is 49.66 and PB is 35.99. Is that normal with the method im using? should i learn OLL and PLL or practise more? And how do I learn OLL and PLL, there is so many algorithms! Please answer :)

WCA
2012CHIE01
hey, I have speedcubed for a few months now. I am using f2l, 2 look OLL and 2 look PLL. My average of 5 with the dayan zhanchi is 49.66 and PB is 35.99. Is that normal with the method im using? should i learn OLL and PLL or practise more? And how do I learn OLL and PLL, there is so many algorithms! Please answer :)
Calm down a little. The method you are using is fine. For now, I suggest just doing lots of solves. That should get you improving quite quickly. Learning algorithms quickly, like all things, comes with practice. Use triggers and take advantage of muscle memory, but either way, the more algs you learn, the easier it is to learn algs. Good luck!

EDIT: you should use the search bar btw. (this might help, as well as many many other threads/posts related to this topic)

Last edited:
WCA
2013LLEW01
Practice until you are very comfortable with the things you might feel are still a little new. As they get easier, start looking for more tricks to add to your arsenal. You're doing just fine for now.

YouTube
elrog3
I'd learn full PLL eventually, but Don't learn full OLL unless you know your going to stick with CFOP. After you get comfortable with that method, you should start looking into other methods to see which you like most.

These 4 are all good methods: CFOP, Roux, ZZ, and Petrus.

Everyone moves at a different pace, your doing fine. Improve by watching f2l tutorials on youtube. That helped me a lot. As for oll and pll, learn them as you want. There's no right or wrong way to learn them, and theres no order you NEED to go in.

Thread starter #9
Everyone moves at a different pace, your doing fine. Improve by watching f2l tutorials on youtube. That helped me a lot. As for oll and pll, learn them as you want. There's no right or wrong way to learn them, and theres no order you NEED to go in.
I have watched some of them, what video helped you?

damn, i'm in same situation as you :') i want to learn Full OLL and PLL but there are sooooo many algorithims !!!!