• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[CubeDesk] a cubing timer, trainer, and analytics desktop app

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01
I see there is a new updated version, however the auto update is not working properly. The old version is uninstalled, but the new version is not installed after that ? Tried to install the old version, and get the message that the new version will be installed when exiting, unfortunately it doesn't.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
So, I posted this on the Discord, but the only response that I got was a "hm," so I was hoping that somebody here is more helpful. I'm not able to import my megaminx session from csTimer. It has 150 solves and when I press the "Import Data" button, it just says that I have an invalid file. I have tried multiple times, and it hasn't worked. I'm also importing a 2x2 session with 14,800 solves in it. It's been importing for almost 18 hours now, and I'm not sure what the issue is. My 3x3 session that has about half that number of solves only took about 15 seconds, so I'm not sure why it's taking this long.

kashnote

So, I posted this on the Discord, but the only response that I got was a "hm," so I was hoping that somebody here is more helpful. I'm not able to import my megaminx session from csTimer. It has 150 solves and when I press the "Import Data" button, it just says that I have an invalid file. I have tried multiple times, and it hasn't worked. I'm also importing a 2x2 session with 14,800 solves in it. It's been importing for almost 18 hours now, and I'm not sure what the issue is. My 3x3 session that has about half that number of solves only took about 15 seconds, so I'm not sure why it's taking this long.

Hey Ben. The importing of 2x2 solves should be fixed now. Big imports (10k+) like that were timing out because the server didn't have enough memory.

I'm aware of the megaminx import bug. I have a task to work on it and fix it. csTimer exports megaminx sessions in a really weird way so i just need to figure out how to properly parse the file.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
Hey Ben. The importing of 2x2 solves should be fixed now. Big imports (10k+) like that were timing out because the server didn't have enough memory.

I'm aware of the megaminx import bug. I have a task to work on it and fix it. csTimer exports megaminx sessions in a really weird way so i just need to figure out how to properly parse the file.
Thanks! I definitely will switch to CubeDesk once that issue is fixed, so make sure to let me know!

Flowkap

Stupid question, but didn't it state it costs 5 bucks (not a problem) and is a desktop app? I did signup on the mentioned page (for free) and its a Webb application. Did all of this change recently? Mobile is still not supported by a message on the app.cubedesk.io page. Thats more o less the only thing blocking me from using it straight away.

----

Update: Ok I found this thread 'I created a speed cubing web app' https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/i-created-a-speed-cubing-web-app.84643/

Does it mean the desktop app is dead as well?

Last edited: