• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[CubeDesk] a cubing timer, trainer, and analytics desktop app

kashnote

Hi all, I just finished a new app called CubeDesk that is basically like csTimer, but a desktop app that works on Mac, Windows, and Linux. I initially made it because all of the timers that I know of are web based and I wanted a desktop app. Also, all of the existing sites are either confusing or look a bit antiquated. With this app, I put in a lot of effort into making sure it's simple and looks great.

I made the app $4.99 but set a sale on it for $3.99 that's going to last until March 9th, 2021. You can download it from the site here: https://cubedesk.io

The app features:
  • Timer for 3x3, 2x2, 4x4, Skewb, etc.
    • Focus mode
    • Manual time entry
    • Detailed info on each solve in your solve history
  • Session management
  • Beautiful stats page to see your progress over time
  • 700+ algorithms to train (OLL, PLL, ZBLL, etc.)
  • Custom algorithm creator (this one's really cool)
  • Settings to fine-tune your cubing experience
Let me know what you think of the app! And if you have any suggestions.

Some screenshots:

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 9.47.05 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-02 at 9.47.20 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 9.47.27 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 9.47.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 9.47.27 AM.png
    350.1 KB · Views: 21
D

Deleted member 55877

Is it possible to change the theme? I prefer black background with bright green text lol

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01
App seems good and very usable. I like the interface and the design. Yet to get enough solves on it to check out the stats but I can already see a few enhancements that I would like in a timer, seeing as I have been spoilt by CSTimer.

1. Ability to import times and solves /sessions from the likes of CSTimer
2. Draw the scramble for a reference.
3. Have an audible message/sound for inspection timing at 8 and 12
4. Keyboard shortcuts to +2, DNF, delete the last solve
5. In stats to see a time distribution eg .(see image)
6. Have a list of solve times in the main timer window (like cstimer) so I don't have to go click on Stats to have an overview
7. Ability to stop the inspection timer and return to the main window without starting the solve
8. In stats being able to configure my own Ao's eg. ao25, ao50, etc
9. Cross solver + other tools

There are probably more. For reference there is another Desktop app "Block Keeper" developed by a cuber on the forums, which is also cross platform. Sadly life has caught up with him and he no longer has time to develop the app further. It has a lot of cool features including being able to video record each solve. I would definitely recommend checking it out to give you some ideas. Good luck with the app and the development.

Attachments

• time distribution.jpg
    time distribution.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 3

povlhp

Minimum requirement is useable on Phone as well. One license across all platforms.
Missing features:
Support for sync of data to cloud with merge (something cstimer is missing).
Bluetooth cube support (with full recording, and splits)

I use a few computers, work laptop, home PC, home mac, iPhone. Would like relatively seamless sync - So support for something in the cloud, or sync to the phone from any device.

kashnote

App seems good and very usable. I like the interface and the design. Yet to get enough solves on it to check out the stats but I can already see a few enhancements that I would like in a timer, seeing as I have been spoilt by CSTimer.

1. Ability to import times and solves /sessions from the likes of CSTimer
2. Draw the scramble for a reference.
3. Have an audible message/sound for inspection timing at 8 and 12
4. Keyboard shortcuts to +2, DNF, delete the last solve
5. In stats to see a time distribution eg .(see image)
6. Have a list of solve times in the main timer window (like cstimer) so I don't have to go click on Stats to have an overview
7. Ability to stop the inspection timer and return to the main window without starting the solve
8. In stats being able to configure my own Ao's eg. ao25, ao50, etc
9. Cross solver + other tools

There are probably more. For reference there is another Desktop app "Block Keeper" developed by a cuber on the forums, which is also cross platform. Sadly life has caught up with him and he no longer has time to develop the app further. It has a lot of cool features including being able to video record each solve. I would definitely recommend checking it out to give you some ideas. Good luck with the app and the development.

Hey thanks for the details feedback! I'll respond to them here:

1. In progress! Was actually working on this today and hoping to finish it tomorrow.
2. Also in progress. Maybe 3-4 more days until this is done
3. Next up in my todo list. Should be done in 3-4 days
4. This one is also coming soon. In my to-do list
5. That's actually awesome. I'll definitely add that in. I've been looking for more charts into the stats page
6. Are you not seeing your solves in the main window? It should be there...
7. Good point, I'll add this to the list
8. Also good. In my to-do list now
9. In my to-dos list!

I'll check Block Keeper out! I plan on continuing development on this app until all of these major features are done. And then make minor improvements as time goes on.

Minimum requirement is useable on Phone as well. One license across all platforms.
Missing features:
Support for sync of data to cloud with merge (something cstimer is missing).
Bluetooth cube support (with full recording, and splits)

I use a few computers, work laptop, home PC, home mac, iPhone. Would like relatively seamless sync - So support for something in the cloud, or sync to the phone from any device.

Bluetooth has been suggested a few times in the Discord channel. I don't know when I'll get to it, honestly, but it's in my to-do list! Same goes for syncing with cloud.