• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I just bought my V-Cubes - What should I expect?

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello, this is the new account of that_one_guy. I just bought my white V-cube collection today.... what should I expect to see in the cubes? i've done a ton of research and watched dozens of reviews. can i get anyone's first impressions?

Faz

Former Clock NR Holder
WCA
2009ZEMD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you have watched dozens of reviews, then you should already know what to expect.

5x5: Good, but needs breaking in and lubing.
6x6: Bad out of the box, and pops. After modding it is excellent
7x7: Same as 5x5.

andatude

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well if you've been cubing for a while, once you open the box you'll think that the the cubes are pretty small.

The v5 is actually a perfect size.
The v6 is alright but the clicking is not good, you'll want to mod this.
The v7 isn't that small after a while and is really smooth.

YouTube
Visit Channel
i see. i guess i didn't get anything much different from the reviews. i've been cubing for a good 5 years now. what were your first impressions, and which v-cube do you favor?

luke1984

YouTube
Visit Channel
You're going to be more than impressed with those cubes. Especially the V-5.
After modding the V-6 it can be a very good cube, so check out this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iznig98N6zA

I personally don't get along with the V-7 very well. If I try to solve it too quickly some of the middle layers gat misaligned and the cube locks up. Then I have to re-align all the layers and that takes a lot of time for me.

panyan

if it were me i;d expect some vcubes at my door in the next few weeks depending on where you live, but everyone expects different things

liljthedude

WCA
2011PIER02
YouTube
Visit Channel
5x5 Perfect size the outer layers have slight clickyness I suggest this, other then that it's the best 5x5 ever. See my avatar for the other weird stuff that happens if your too forceful. The corners can almost cut a whole piece.
6x6 Extremely clicky, hard to turn, poppy, internal pieces pop out. Internal mechanism coming out of alignment is rare, as you can not do it on purpose. Corner cutting is horrible. You need to do this to make it usable.
7x7 Extremely smooth, pops more than you think, corner cutting is amazing!

They all come with some sort of oil in them. Makes the stickers greasy. As of right now I cleaned out the oil in my 5x5 and lubed it with CRC Silicone. Feels much better now.

Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel
thanks for the advice. i just got my collection about a week ago, and i'm extremely impressed. Can't wait to mod my v5's corners, and PiMod my v6.

rubixcuber

be a bit careful when you mod your v6, it's not hard but take your time on it and don't rush :)