• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I have an idea: WCA online 15 second announcer

GAN 356 X

Seeing as I'm not a coder myself, I thought it would be easier to share my idea on these forums in the hope that someone who knows how to code will look at this. My idea is basically a 15 countdown for inspection, with an announcement at 8 seconds and 3 seconds, or whatever the number is.

Thanks in advance and I hope that made sense

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01
I know that, what I meant was for when you use stack mat.
It would have to be a custom timer which is something that could work. I've been toying with the idea of building a timer seeing as I have already built a LED display unit for a Stackmat. Something with a LCD display with scrambles and a small speaker to announce inspection.

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
I know that, what I meant was for when you use stack mat.
I think it’s important that the judge is actively involved in judging. If they don’t have to call out numbers and pay attention, they’re less likely to make sure the solver isn’t breaking any rules. It’s a matter of involvement, and I don’t think it would make running competitions much easier, so I would say don’t go for it and save yourself the time and trouble.

GAN 356 X

I think it’s important that the judge is actively involved in judging. If they don’t have to call out numbers and pay attention, they’re less likely to make sure the solver isn’t breaking any rules. It’s a matter of involvement, and I don’t think it would make running competitions much easier, so I would say don’t go for it and save yourself the time and trouble.
Not for competition use but for at home

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01
Where can you get a cable from?
It's a standard audio cable with a 3.5mm audio jack on 1 side and a mini jack on the other side. You will also need to use the https (ssl) version of cstimer to enable the mic input. Also some internal audio cards do not work that well with the stackmat. I ended up using a cheap usb sound card that I bought on eBay for a couple dollars.

From the stackmat connect the cable to your mic in on your sound card. Then just enable the timer from the cstimer settings. Works very well actually.