• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I got 13 pll skips on my 2x2 in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.
YouTube
tfkscores
Thread starter #1
i was using official scrambles and i dont mess up when i scramble them either. ended on 13 which is an unlucky number? best averages of my life all times were like under 7 seconds. really weird though i should share. sorry if this is the wrong forum.

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
If you orient first and then permute when solving 2x2 then the probability of that is 1/6^13 = 1/13060694016

That is a one in thirteen billion chance approximately. As a comparison, that is like flipping heads on a coin 34 times in a row. That is also 54 times luckier than getting two full LL skips on 3x3x3 in a row.

Chris

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
Which basically means that few of us believe you.
I won't say it's impossible, since it clearly is possible. I just think that getting such a string of PLL skips (also you did not mention anything about LL skips, so that is how I calculated it) is incredibly improbable. You basically just hit the super multi-million dollar jackpot on the lottery with those odds.

Chris

YouTube
tfkscores
Thread starter #9
I just scrambled the cube the way it told me and after 3 pll skips in a row i started counting cause that was really weird. they are so much easier to get on the 2x2. it was really weird but i swear to you guys im not lieing. i guess iwas just really lucky.

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
StefanPochmann
YouTube
tfkscores
Thread starter #15
no i dont have the scrambles. idc if you believe me or not i just thought i should share. i did get it though and since im a slow 2x2 solver almost all of my times were under 7. for good people they wouldlve been like under 3 though lol.

Mike Hughey

Super Moderator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
YouTube
MikeHughey1
no i dont have the scrambles. idc if you believe me or not i just thought i should share. i did get it though and since im a slow 2x2 solver almost all of my times were under 7. for good people they wouldlve been like under 3 though lol.
What method do you actually use?

I'm embarrassed because using Guimond, I'm generally barely under 7 seconds even when I get to skip the last step.

Status
Not open for further replies.