• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I found an amazing girl, and she LOVES cubing!

DAE_JA_VOO

How's it guys :)

My girlfriend loves cubing. That's just SO freaking awesome.

On the day i met her, i had to drive her home, and she found my cube in my car and couldn't believe that i could actually solve it, and quickly too! She asked me to teach her, and now she has a PB of 1:11. She wants to get faster now, and I'll teach her Fridrich soon, assuming she wants to do all that studying :p

Very often she'll just sit and cube while we're driving. It's just so awesome. Hahahah.

hypercube

let's hope it lasts....women can change their mind before you say "sune"

i can see some of those seducin' team bld sessions though :)

n5k

Imagine the day you want to marry her - just take a solved 7x7x7 or something, and write "Will you marry me" on one of the sides, and then scramble it and give it to her ;p hehe.

Sir E Brum

WCA
2010HANN01
Imagine the day you want to marry her - just take a solved 7x7x7 or something, and write "Will you marry me" on one of the sides, and then scramble it and give it to her ;p hehe.

The only problem is she will just have to finish the centers to get the gist of the message. That kind of kills it.

hypercube

The only problem is she will just have to finish the centers to get the gist of the message. That kind of kills it.

there are ways...you can write a letter in each piece and avoid centers...plus if you include center pieces,they may not be solved exactly how you wrote it...i think

n5k

Only if you stay within the stickers I think.
Not if you write letters across the stickers, maybe with a brush or caligraphic type font.

Sir E Brum

WCA
2010HANN01

there are ways...you can write a letter in each piece and avoid centers...plus if you include center pieces,they may not be solved exactly how you wrote it...i think

That is true. I would like to find a programming girlfriend and I can embed it in the code as some stray comment. We can all dream though, right?

Pr3miuM

We share that luck!

About 8 months ago I was walking with her through the city we entered a typical "random stuff" shop. I came across a regular rubik's cube and I recalled that I had played with it a long time ago but was unable to fix it. I got facinated right away and bought one. She didn't care much at this point but I spend the afternoon turning it and seeing what the inside looked like. That evening I was determined to solve it. Using the booklet I could just about complete a layer or two but no further. I went more and more desperate and frustrated because I just couldn't completely do it. I watched numerous videos on youtube.. nothing helped. I had to solve it before I went to bed.. so after many.. many hours in to the night.. I gave up.. being frustrated as I was I just dissassembled it and put it back together. When I tried to solve it again next day.. i got it on first attempt......

I know now .. that I just put 1 stupid edge the wrong way in that afternoon .. making the puzzle impossible...

Wait.. this isn't about GF's.. uhm well I hope you liked my story anyway.
More ontopic: Soon after I learned how to solve it whitout looking at the algs on the papers. My times were around 2:00. At this point my GF became interested and wanted me to explain. In about 45 minutes she could solve the whole cube out of her head. I bought her a cube too then since she really started to enjoy it. Then I got an DIY.. and then got her one too. The race was on.. I got 1:40.. but she kept on beating me with 1:30. But soon we were on the same level and were just racing eachother for fun. She avarages around 55 with LBL. I proceeded to learn fridrich and avarage around 30. :)