• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I don't like CRC Silicone Spray.

TrollingHard

It makes it slow and leaves this plastic residue inside... I clean my cubes pretty often.

The slowness goes away after awhile, but not to the same degree as if it didn't have any silicone.

I want a lubricant for bigger cubes, 2x2 and 3x3 are fine.

musicninja17

WCA
2010FISK01
plastic residue? I think you need to clean your cubes before lubing.....they tend to gum up if you have cubedust and then spray anything in there.....it just liquifies it and turns it into stick.

Erdos

That gunk would probably be there if you used Jig a Loo as well. As musicninja17 said, have you cleaned the cube before lubing it?

TrollingHard

As I said, I clean out my cubes fairly constantly.

I'm not dumb enough to apply lubricant then clean it, that's just silly.

A new problem with CRC is that my stickers are peeling (maybe it's just the stickers)

Samania

As I said, I clean out my cubes fairly constantly.

I'm not dumb enough to apply lubricant then clean it, that's just silly.

A new problem with CRC is that my stickers are peeling (maybe it's just the stickers)
CRC shouldn't damage stickers.

If you don't like it, then don't use it.

radmin

WCA
2010HARD02
I did experiments comparing crc to jigaloo on three different cube brands.
Type AI, Type F I and Cube4you.

Jigaloo outperformed crc in every head to head test.

I think the absolute best is injectable silicone, break-in then jigaloo.

Erdos

I'm curious to how you set up this "experiment" since there is no quantifiable data that can be used to bring any significant conclusion, only supportable hypotheses.