• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I don't know if this is right (7x7 cube)

kokokolode

Hi I'm fairly new to Speed solving, my fastest record is 4 minutes in a 3x3. but I got bored after a while, I need something more challenging! so I went to different stores to find at least a 4x4 or 5x5 but couldn't find anything good, only the type of cubes you see in a dollar store. well... yesterday by a miracle, I was able to find a high quality 7x7 cube, I bought it, and right now I'm not sure if I want to touch it :confused: :?

my question: can I just jump from a 3x3 cube to a 7x7, is this normal here in the community? :)
also any good ways to solve a 7x7?

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
It is probably best to get a 4x4x4 first, the method is to reduce it into a 3x3x3 by solving the centres and then the edges and then it's like a 3x3x3 and this is the same for all cubes bigger than a 3x3x3 (although I think some people use a cage method for really big cubes), it is possible to go straight to a 7x7x7 but certainly unusual.

kokokolode

Yeah unusual is the right word, I learned how to solve it the hard way I guess.. It was pretty challenging and fun I have to say... it was worth it! yes, of course.. Thanks for the reply ;)