• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I can average sub 15 for 10-30 solves, then my times go up.

VauZed

Did anybody experience that too?
I sometimes (at least one a day) get just sub 15 or 15/16s. I have that for like 10-30 solves and have ao5s wich are sub 15 and even ao12s. That are mostly normal, fullstep solves. Not just the ones, in wich I particulary know the oll( still learning, i know like 65% of them), or I can see my first pair. After that my times go up to an 17 or 18 global average. That also mostly happens in the beginning of my sessions.
Any tips on how I could keep this avarege up, globaly ( I certanly are capable of these times, even when I have to do 2 look oll or dont get lucky scrambles)

PizzaCuber

Did anybody experience that too?
I sometimes (at least one a day) get just sub 15 or 15/16s. I have that for like 10-30 solves and have ao5s wich are sub 15 and even ao12s. That are mostly normal, fullstep solves. Not just the ones, in wich I particulary know the oll( still learning, i know like 65% of them), or I can see my first pair. After that my times go up to an 17 or 18 global average. That also mostly happens in the beginning of my sessions.
Any tips on how I could keep this avarege up, globaly ( I certanly are capable of these times, even when I have to do 2 look oll or dont get lucky scrambles)
I have the opposite happen to me, but occasionally I can get relaxed after a certain number of solves and then they start going up. Or if I have a really good average so far I can start to sweat and then choke the solves. How to fix, I don’t really know. Just keep doing solves and see what happens.

VauZed

I have the opposite happen to me, but occasionally I can get relaxed after a certain number of solves and then they start going up. Or if I have a really good average so far I can start to sweat and then choke the solves. How to fix, I don’t really know. Just keep doing solves and see what happens.
I too need to make like 5 solves, to get warm, after that, I avarege sub 15. I think I try to turn faster, to get even faster, but then I cant look ahad anymore and get slower. But I think I do this unconcius (i dont know how to spell that) that I cant really do anything about that. When I really focus on lookahad, I can sometimes get times sub 15 but when I try to get into this state, where you justdo slove after solve, then I get slower