• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I bought a OP Dayan 2x2 for $8.

Nard Cubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
So I just went to a Competition and someone was selling cubes ( Which doesn't really happen where I am. ). My friend walked over to me and said the guy was selling a OP Dayan and that he wasn't going to buy it. So I decided to buy it, I walked over to the seller and asked how much it was. He said, IT WAS 8 DOLLARS, And I was like "Ok, I'll take it." ( Trying to act like I wasn't ripping him off. ). So long story short I bought a OP Dayan 2x2 for $8.

-NardCubes

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
"I bought a[n] OP Dayan for $8." My ears are bleeding
Um, good for you? Maybe this belongs in the BST thread or the off topic section.

The OP Dayan isn't really considered a good/worthwhile cube anymore. I don't even know how people still know about the cube. It was a great cube (as far as I can tell, I've never tried one), but the modern cubes that are being produced now are definitely considered better. And some of them cost around $8. Don't ask me which cubes--I barely do 3x3 anymore and have never been that up-to-date on hardware.

Also, $8 isn't too bad for an OP Dayan. Sure some kids are willing to buy them for $40+, but that's just stupid. He was probably just trying to get rid of some cubes and make a little bit of money.

Nard Cubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
"I bought a[n] OP Dayan for $8." My ears are bleeding
Um, good for you? Maybe this belongs in the BST thread or the off topic section.

The OP Dayan isn't really considered a good/worthwhile cube anymore. I don't even know how people still know about the cube. It was a great cube (as far as I can tell, I've never tried one), but the modern cubes that are being produced now are definitely considered better. And some of them cost around $8. Don't ask me which cubes--I barely do 3x3 anymore and have never been that up-to-date on hardware.

Also, $8 isn't too bad for an OP Dayan. Sure some kids are willing to buy them for $40+, but that's just stupid. He was probably just trying to get rid of some cubes and make a little bit of money.

I didn't mean that the OP Dayan was good in terms of pure performance, I meant it was good in terms of rarity ( Especially for $8 )

BTW, The OP Dayan 2x2 is still a good 2x2 and for some people it is equal to or better than modern 2x2s. ( But it is all up to personal preference. )

In fact I am uploading a review of the OP Dayan on Saturday.

-Nard Cubes