• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I am creating Cubing Trading Cards let me know what you think.

Thread starter #1
Hey guys I just wanted to tell you about a project I have started working on. I am going to create cubing trading cards I am busy hand making the prototypes right now. I am thinking of getting some professionally printed at a print shop. I am hoping to someday possibly get them mass produced and sold on the Cubicle and Speed cube shop or other cubing stores. Before getting them mass produced I may sell them at some comps. I was going to ask you guys what cubers I should put on the cards and what you think of my idea. I have not yet but soon I will make a video on my YouTube channel Capcubeing. I think I will need a following to get them mass produced so show your support if you are interested.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
YouTube
pjkcards
Hey guys I just wanted to tell you about a project I have started working on. I am going to create cubing trading cards I am busy hand making the prototypes right now. I am thinking of getting some professionally printed at a print shop. I am hoping to someday possibly get them mass produced and sold on the Cubicle and Speed cube shop or other cubing stores. Before getting them mass produced I may sell them at some comps. I was going to ask you guys what cubers I should put on the cards and what you think of my idea. I have not yet but soon I will make a video on my YouTube channel Capcubeing. I think I will need a following to get them mass produced so show your support if you are interested.
Cool, do you have any digital prototypes to share?

I used to collect sports cards and traded them online for a few years.

3141 Rubik's Cube Avenue, Somewhere on Earth
WCA
2019BRUC01
YouTube
WhoCube
That sounds amazing!
I had thought of doing that once, but they would be on cardboard, at best.
One suggestion: to make it more realistic, have "exclusive packs" or something, and have the cards be autographed by famous cubers (Feliks Zemdegs, Stanley Chapel, Max Park, Kevin Hays, etc.)
Maybe have their Kinch score on the back of the card and a picture of the person on the front well, that just seems obvious. Anyway, you could do ones of famous people and then if you have a YouTube channel you could do a drawing/contest or something for people to be on one...
Anyway, hope it goes well! Let me know if you start up a site where people can buy them! I'd be interested in the prospect of having some. :)

Thread starter #11
No I have no digital prototypes yet but am working on some.

That sounds amazing!
I had thought of doing that once, but they would be on cardboard, at best.
One suggestion: to make it more realistic, have "exclusive packs" or something, and have the cards be autographed by famous cubers (Feliks Zemdegs, Stanley Chapel, Max Park, Kevin Hays, etc.)
Maybe have their Kinch score on the back of the card and a picture of the person on the front well, that just seems obvious. Anyway, you could do ones of famous people and then if you have a YouTube channel you could do a drawing/contest or something for people to be on one...
Anyway, hope it goes well! Let me know if you start up a site where people can buy them! I'd be interested in the prospect of having some. :)

I think I may do that what a good idea.

Hey guys just an update I have reached out to a online cube store and they said that they would pass the idea along to the owner. I can not tell what website it is yet. I just hope they say yes and partner with me in my idea.