• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hybrid Puzzles thread

MarkA64

WCA
2019ABRA07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi there,

I made this thread because I am wondering if anyone has tried a different core for the Yuxin Little Magic 3x3 pieces? I'm not sure which core would work well for it. I'm looking to change it to get a different feel.

Also feel free to discuss hybrids you have made!

Happy cubing.

Scrombo

How about a mix between a Rubik's, a Guanlong, and a VCube? It can be called the
Rublong V Yeet Extreme.

The Gan X with XS core is amazing. It is basically a glossy X V2, and it is epic. To core switch you have to switch the center caps though, cuz the XS is frosted. I have it on strong X capsules, setting 2, and the 4th click. It is perfect for 3BLD. The inverse of the XS with the X core is also good, but not as outstanding. I will probably keep the cubes like this, and have them be my main and backup for 3BLD. BTW, they are both logoless, as I removed them.

brododragon

Inside a Confidential Neptunian Potato in Russia
The Gan X with XS core is amazing. It is basically a glossy X V2, and it is epic. To core switch you have to switch the center caps though, cuz the XS is frosted. I have it on strong X capsules, setting 2, and the 4th click. It is perfect for 3BLD. The inverse of the XS with the X core is also good, but not as outstanding. I will probably keep the cubes like this, and have them be my main and backup for 3BLD. BTW, they are both logoless, as I removed them.
That's probably how they came up with the X V2.

"Boss, What if we swapped the pieces in our bestselling 3x3s, but then changed the piece texture so no one notices!"

MarkA64

WCA
2019ABRA07
YouTube
Visit Channel
I made a hybrid Gan 356 M out of my Gan X. So it's a Gan 356 M but with glossy finish which is better to me. All I had to do was use the center pieces and the GES+ nuts which come with the 356 M.

I've dabbled in using the XS tensioning system with X pieces... It turned out really well too.

Nothing quite feels like a classic XS though.

And if I had to choose between an X with the 356 M tensioning mechanism vs XS tensioning mechanism, I would choose the former

Last edited:

Want to hide this ad and support the community?